partpat
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:06 am

PLUSH wrote:OCE = BNE.
:lol:
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:28 pm

This is like a sewing circle.... I don't know where this even comes from? I had mentioned months ago that we would not be shipping new prints until we had the ones we had already sold, out the door. This was OK because we planned a relaunch for August with a big artist and a big title. A few of them actually. The GABZ True Romance prints have been moving slowly because I have not been here the last week. My mother had heart failure last weekend and I have been away all week till late last night. My team did not have the support, manpower or financial resources at their hands while I was gone and they were polite enough to allow me to deal with the issues with my family without much disruption.

Back to the relaunch, as I had said when I first announced it, we knew there were a ton of fundamental problems with the way things were going. Prints not in hand when we sold them. No regular schedule and I just thought our website could look cooler and be more functional for the plans we had ahead and things could run more smoothly. So, to this end we picked up a ton of licenses, commissioned a ton of top tier talent, and got things moving to right the ship. We could've kept selling prints without them not being in hand and not have had prints lined up on the printing schedule OR we could take our time and get our ducks in a row and do things right. It was not an easy decision to make because for some of us (including myself), because this is our sole source of income and without moving product, there is no income. With that being said, we still plan on an August relaunch with regularly scheduled drops and artists and titles that you all know and love. There may be one last really cool drop to say goodbye to the old site, but other than that, August will be when things will go into an at least more normal mode that you are all accustomed to.

This information about an August relaunch and the fact that we would not ship any prints until we had fulfilled past obligations was all communicated months ago, so I have no idea why these rumors are being spread that we are not coming back or not fulfilling our obligations. Come August, every sub holder will be happy that they will not have to wait till drop day to know they had secured a print and prints should start moving the same day, as we will have them in hand. I know we are all excited about the roster we have for August, much less the rest of the year.

So, yes, we saw there was a problem with how things were running. We made an announcement months ago that things would be at a stand still for a while we made things right, but we are working hard to make sure it was worth the wait.

We have no plans to disappear. Just the opposite. We plan to come back much stronger than before.

As for this....
Codeblue wrote:"These EBers" was in reference to OCE. Burlesque shares little culpability in this debacle as a whole.... Just to clarify.
As for Burlesque's role in this, I do not see them as have done wrong either. I do not see them as culpable in the least. It was French that did not deliver the proper amount of paper. We use special paper that printers use regularly, but do not generally keep on hand for just about all of our prints. That paper being French, rather than Cougar (not to disparage Cougar). Cougar just happens to be a less expensive paper that printers have on hand and is not as expensive, so it is popular. I have not had problems with the quality in the past when we have used it, but the design was always made with the French paper we had chosen in mind and it would have taken ANOTHER 2 weeks to get the paper, reprint, have it delivered to us and begin shipping.

So, goodbye to the boards for a while. We have work to do.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
partpat
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Thats an understatement
choke
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:35 pm

If anyone wants to dump their subs, I got 50 cents for each remaining print you have left.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Roman - probably need to revisit the shipping process as well ... as it was atrocious and especially disappointing after the long wait.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:39 pm

partpat wrote:Thats an understatement
Yup.

So 2 more weeks to get more copies printed? I think most people who have already waited this long wouldn't have complained if they had to wait 2 more weeks. That is much better than getting their order cancelled. This entire situation has turned into a really bad joke. The delay isn't as big of an issue as the rest of the fudge that followed. I'd like to say I support you guys but not after this debacle. Good luck in all your future endeavors. You guys are going to need it
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:45 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Yup.

So 2 more weeks to get more copies printed? I think most people who have already waited this long wouldn't have complained if they had to wait 2 more weeks. That is much better than getting their order cancelled. This entire situation has turned into a really bad joke. The delay isn't as big of an issue as the rest of the fudge that followed. I'd like to say I support you guys but not after this debacle. Good luck in all your future endeavors. You guys are going to need it
until August when there's a print you want to flip!
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:50 pm

choke wrote:If anyone wants to dump their subs, I got 50 cents for each remaining print you have left.
I'll do it better and offer $1, bob.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Yup.

They obviously don't have a pot to piss in and didn't wanna pony up to have a full run redone correctly. It's also funny how he didn't address the shipping issues. Dude has middle management written all over him.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
woodierock54
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:55 pm

skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Yup.

They obviously don't have a pot to piss in and didn't wanna pony up to have a full run redone correctly. It's also funny how he didn't address the shipping issues. Dude has middle management written all over him.
should of just made a statement saying "sorry, if you want to talk about these issues please call me".
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
sincere86a
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeash... No apology in there at all. Just kept reiterating that they said they'd be late and everyone should have known. That's leadership right there guys. Emphatically stating, "The buck stops.... there." :clap:

Why not just reprint the whole run instead of waiting for portions to finish? It's nice that they plan on coming back stronger but they do seem to have a pretty steep uphill climb to win back people.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Wikipedia wrote:A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation [poster selling operation] where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns [gives the items that were paid for] to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns [BIG ARTISTS, NEW LICENSES, ZOMG WAIT UNTIL AUGUST]than other investments, in the form of short-term returns [here's the Gabz print you ordered 8 months ago] that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
SlowlyTyped
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:54 pm

RomanMorales wrote:This is like a sewing circle.... I don't know where this even comes from?
Probably from a group of customers who paid for a product that was much-delayed, and then received damaged (if they were lucky to receive one at all) from a company whose statement on the matter seems to be "sure, a major delay is a drag, and sure it sucks that we didn't produce as many as we sold, and sure the ones we did produce we ended up damaging in hasty and sub-par shipping, but gosh, how dare you imply we're doing anything but kicking ass later this year."

Maybe just a "look, we clearly messed up, we're sorry, and you have every right to be mad at us because of that, but we hope we can win you back with the next one, which we guarantee will be done right" would have engendered a different response.

RomanMorales wrote:So, goodbye to the boards for a while. We have work to do.
http://business.time.com/2013/07/09/the ... service-2/
MrMattSteinberg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 pm

quite an explanation....couple things --

though I think The Golden Boy puts it better than I can -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

Well as a sub holder, I have had confidence in OCE from the beginning -- I think more than anything it has become provoked inpatience but Roman is right, all of it can be long forgotten if they deliver in a few months. Guess we will have to sit back and wait.

In the meantime, if anyone wants a School of Rock or School of Rock variant at cost, hit me up.