Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:03 am

I really want to go through and make a list of all the people that got subs... A "where are they now" kinda thing.
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:56 am

tylt33 wrote:I really want to go through and make a list of all the people that got subs... A "where are they now" kinda thing.
(Rasies hand)
willg
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Getting hot Carled by the Modern Rock Art sub was my learning experience. Cant find the original thread.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=24705
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:42 pm

#whatwaseblikeb42012
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Mrcort
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:16 pm

So sat is over and no tracking. Shocking.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Seriously? I would recommend everyone doing a charge back. This guy is something else. Grade A douche canoe.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
brettlv5506
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Mrcort wrote:So sat is over and no tracking. Shocking.
For what it's worth (absolutely nothing,) in the reply to my second email asking for a tracking number (which I didn't get,) Roman said he hoped to have 100% of the prints shipped on Monday.
partpat
Art Freak

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:45 pm

:lol:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:48 pm

What a joke. And not even a funny joke. Just one of those really sad jokes, that bums everyone out by how bad it was.
So it goes...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Just let him go out and keep getting licenses because if you take out all the bs, they have gotten some great ones and the posters have been damn good. He just needs to hire someone on the front end and this company would be cranking it. Not sure why that hasn't happened.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 am

All the love in the world to you brother, but i don't see how you're supporting this dude anymore than you have. He's proven time and again that he doesn't fudge about running a business. It's been a veritable disaster. Eyes bigger than stomach syndrome started the ship to sinking, and he's been bucketing water out ever since. Add to that shitty customer service and you have a right mess.
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 am

63schoeffling wrote:Just let him go out and keep getting licenses because if you take out all the bs, they have gotten some great ones and the posters have been damn good. He just needs to hire someone on the front end and this company would be cranking it. Not sure why that hasn't happened.
Because that mentality's part of the problem. I mean, when a place like Bottleneck is offering to help deal with shipping and that offer is not being taken...

There's no point in getting pissed at OCE, it's a mixed bag (because honestly Durieux Godfather series is a great idea no matter what) but until they hit rock bottom - not talking about the fact that the fans are not impressed, but the fact that at some point there will be no more high-end artists and printers left who'll want to work with them (and this isn't speculation, there is an actual list) - they're not gonna accept fault and actually take the measures to deal with it. Again, a LOT of small, easy things could've been done to alleviate a lot of this situation, but the lack of desire to even respond to the shipping snafu until the artist gets involved is...problematic, at best.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:17 am

Exactly. Like, I totally understand if it was a one-time snafu or something happened that delayed shipping and then the next few releases went off without a hitch. But it's things that are so simple to take care of which boggles my mind. That's the part that bothers me the most, because they have the hardest part of it down (getting great artists, likeness, licenses, etc) it's just the simple stuff that could be easily cleaned up and isn't. Woof.
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 am

63schoeffling wrote:He just needs to hire someone on the front end and this company would be cranking it. Not sure why that hasn't happened.
Because most people don't like to work for free.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:28 am

63schoeffling wrote:Just let him go out and keep getting licenses because if you take out all the bs, they have gotten some great ones and the posters have been damn good. He just needs to hire someone on the front end and this company would be cranking it. Not sure why that hasn't happened.
I'm not trying to be obtuse when I ask this but....are you being genuine with this or mildly trolling? I only ask because tone is sometimes hard to understand.

The only property the have snagged that others haven't is Godfather.

And sure the images are good on a good amount of the posters they've done. But that has almost nothing to do with the company and mostly the artists.

So if your job as a company is to liaise with IP holders sure he seems to do an ok job at that.

But the whole other back end of working with printers, getting prints, then shipping them, and communicating with customers, is something that he has done little to no effort on. Which is arguably way more important than the actual pre production of posters because that part will make you able to make more posters.

I'm starting to think that maybe this is all just a huge troll on OCE's part. Create bad publicity to keep fueling the fire. I have heard way too many stories first hand from artists and printers that have nothing but caution and dismay to working with him and his company. He can sit here and keep claiming he is righting this ship, but he has been saying that from almost day one.

But I will say this....this thread is still one my favorite threads to read so I guess....keep it up?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!