Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Couple Questions.
RomanMorales wrote:This one will have events tied in (no, not just Austin :). The advantage here is that if you do not attend the event, you still get the print.
Are these "event prints" part of the 16? Like will all tiers have access to the event prints?

Might have missed it but whats the length on this sub? Like a year, or just through the summer? When do you envision Sub Round 2 starting?

Thanks!

Still debating the sub and if I have the funds but either way wanted to wish you guys the best of luck. I have a feeling you guys will do some pretty cool stuff in the future.

Also, if they needed start up funds they could have just sold the Englert commissions. 8)
Image _ Image
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 pm

aibohphobia wrote:Couple Questions.
RomanMorales wrote:This one will have events tied in (no, not just Austin :). The advantage here is that if you do not attend the event, you still get the print.
Are these "event prints" part of the 16? Like will all tiers have access to the event prints?

Might have missed it but whats the length on this sub? Like a year, or just through the summer? When do you envision Sub Round 2 starting?

Thanks!

Still debating the sub and if I have the funds but either way wanted to wish you guys the best of luck. I have a feeling you guys will do some pretty cool stuff in the future.

Also, if they needed start up funds they could have just sold the Englert commissions. 8)
We plan on concluding with a Blu Ray release and a major studio release in the fall that we are VERY excited about. After that, we may wait till the New Year to kick off a new sub. We actually already have our first artist lined up for January.

Yes. All tiers will have access to these event prints it's just a matter of the price level. One of the events looks like it is going to have an exclusive variant for the top tier (one of the 4 exclusives at that level, which means people at the event will not even have access to this print other than those at the Connoisseur level), but otherwise, the rest of the prints will be available to every one at the tier level they purchase.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
PapaVo
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 am

Although you already said why you will not reveal any artists, would you at least give some hints into the various genre, i.e. these are all movie titles, correct?, horror, sci-fi, action?, any others, like TV shows or bands?

It is a given that subs are always a leap of faith. Just looking for some sign that this will be an answer to my prayers, not a penance. :wink:

Either way, best wishes for your venture. :pint:
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 am

PapaVo wrote:Although you already said why you will not reveal any artists, would you at least give some hints into the various genre, i.e. these are all movie titles, correct?, horror, sci-fi, action?, any others, like TV shows or bands?

It is a given that subs are always a leap of faith. Just looking for some sign that this will be an answer to my prayers, not a penance. :wink:

yeah thats a good question. also how many subs will you haveto go out.do you think people will get shut out?
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 am

PapaVo wrote:Although you already said why you will not reveal any artists, would you at least give some hints into the various genre, i.e. these are all movie titles, correct?, horror, sci-fi, action?, any others, like TV shows or bands?

We are working in all genres. There is no central genre. Everything from 2013 Summer Sc-fi, horror, 1990's independent films (although I don't think these films are considered independent anymore given their stature). There are several genres we are playing in. I could not give you just one... Nor would I want to. Then how could we surprise you. :)
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 am

lordhelmet wrote:

yeah thats a good question. also how many subs will you haveto go out.do you think people will get shut out?
We have only 50 subs spread through out the mix. That is it. We have already stated that there are only 15 at the Connoisseur tier. Is there a chance at a shut out? Absolutely, but that has always been a part of this hobby.

Good luck! We hope you score the tier you want! :)
PapaVo
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 am

RomanMorales wrote:

We are working in all genres. There is no central genre. Everything from 2013 Summer Sc-fi, horror, 1990's independent films (although I don't think these films are considered independent anymore given their stature). There are several genres we are playing in. I could not give you just one... Nor would I want to. Then how could we surprise you. :)
I did not ask you for "just one". :wink:

You did help answer my questions in that it looks like all film titles, including "Summer Sc-fi, horror, 1990's independent films ... ."

Thanks! :clap:
Last edited by PapaVo on Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 am

Not sure if this was asked but is this just a summer subscription or is it for the rest of the year? And if summer, how often will we receive tubes and that goes for if it's for the rest of the year as well?
ImageImageImage
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed May 22, 2013 10:16 am

So.. who wants to split Level 1 "The Fan"? I pay $250, you pay $250. We alternate print releases, and flip a coin for the var. lul.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:23 am

It is looking like it will make it through most of the fall, but probably not to the end of the year. Although sub VIP event privileges will run till the end of the year.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 10:39 am

FYI... I am getting PM's at a rate faster than I can type! If you send me a PM and I do not reply right away, please excuse me. We do appreciate all the interest!
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm

QUICK FAQ:

I just caught up with all of my EB PM's. These seem to be the biggest questions.

1.) Will you be shipping internationally?

Yes, but only to a handful of places this time around. We will be shipping to Canada, the UK and Australia. We will be adding many more in the future. We should have many more countries in the future, but this time out these are the territories we can cover.

2.) What is the fastest way to check out? Odd City account or Amazon account?

It seems that on the Amityville variant drop more people had success with their Amazon account. I know many people might not like us sharing this info, but I feel everyone should be on a level playing field.

3.) Will you have local pick up?

Yes. We will make arrangements for this. We always love meeting fans face to face.

4.) Will you be having events outside of Austin?

Yes. We already have a local company doing quite a number of events here, we would like to branch out and meet some of our non-Austin fans. We will have a couple of Austin events, but expect to see us in a town near you!
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Awesome news. I'm really leaning towards going for this but I'm wondering which sub...I am a gambling fool though 8)

I had a tremendous success with the last mystery tube I was a part of so what the hell...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu May 23, 2013 2:35 pm

As a creative director at Odd City I've seen some of the properties/projects in store for sub-holders and there's lots to be excited about! Something for everybody and the standards of quality are top notch. You will not be disappointed :pint:
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Thu May 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Do they take PayPal or just Amazon check out?