Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 pm

skullyland wrote:You need to get a techie to do your web stuff for free posters.. sometimes its best to let the subject matter experts go to work
We have a team of great techie people and one guy in charge that is awesome. Great and talented guy! The platform we chose just wasn't built for our niche. It was built to handle big badwidth and speed for consistent purchases at a high level.

With that being said, I just got a message that the issues I laid out above may be fixed by launch time! I so hope so. :)
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
skullyland wrote:You need to get a techie to do your web stuff for free posters.. sometimes its best to let the subject matter experts go to work
We have a team of great techie people and one guy in charge that is awesome. Great and talented guy! The platform we chose just wasn't built for our niche. It was built to handle big badwidth and speed for consistent purchases at a high level.

With that being said, I just got a message that the issues I laid out above may be fixed by launch time! I so hope so. :)
good stuff! Amazon is def the best way to handle huge amounts of bandwidth. Their datacentres host some of the most bandwidth hungry websites on the web. good choice
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
RidingWithJG
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

They be up. Wish I had $ to get one.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am

For everyone waiting for their Amityville prints we have some good news.Everyone who purchased a regular version should start receiving your ship notifications this afternoon. As they are no longer available, we would like to thank everyone who purchased one!

As for those that purchased a variant, the prints look beautiful but there were a couple issues in the run. Very minor issues, but issues none the less. These should be going out next week after these issues are quickly addressed.

Thanks again for making this sale a great success! :pint:
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed May 15, 2013 4:24 pm

I was truly hoping that the variants would be available for shipping this week, but it is beginning to look like next week. My apologies. Once we have the small error corrected, we will send the prints flying out the door. Only not flying so fast as to damage them. :D

As for the regulars, people should be receiving these today and from here on out till they are all shipped. As I said once before, shipping flat is no joke!

On a very exciting note, the next month will be filled with some really cool surprising announcements and releases as we hit our stride. We will never be a shop that puts out dozens of prints a month. With our quality controls being what they are, it is simply not possible for us at this moment. With that being said, starting with an announcement on Friday, and through July you will be seeing a ton of activity on our end. One title in particular is HUGE! We hope you like what you see. :pint:
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Holding off announcement till Monday. As a collector, I'll be doing my own hunting tomorrow. :D
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Here are a few detail pics of the Amityville Horror Regular courtesy of BillyG!

Can't wait to get the Variants back to show those off. I really wish we had snapped off some shots before we sent them back. The flawless parts of the print were awesome! :)

OddCityEntertainment

Tue May 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Huge news about our latest endeavor! Click the link for details - http://oddcityentertainment.com/odd-cit ... tion-news/
OddCityEntertainment

Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

We have huge news! Click the link for details - http://oddcityentertainment.com/
deadpool94
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Big news out of Odd City today! Click for details - http://www.nerdlocker.com/nerd-art/odd- ... nment-news
Jim Palmquist,
Co-Creator
Nerdlocker
www.nerdlocker.com
theperfecttree
EB Team

Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 pm

this is very interesting :D

any hints on artists or properties you'll be working with? timeframe for the next 16 prints? will events and VIP things all be in Austin? thanks for the info!
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

A list of artists would help swing this for many seriously considering it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
karza
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 12:58 pm

rubberneck wrote:A list of artists would help swing this for many seriously considering it...
at least a few yea, I'm thinking about it
sustain
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm

karza wrote:
rubberneck wrote:A list of artists would help swing this for many seriously considering it...
at least a few yea, I'm thinking about it
me too...
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Offering up subscriptions based off 2 print releases? Looks like someone is hurting for cash. I would recommend some serious thought before buying a subscription--my personal opinion.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters