Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
punch
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:25 pm

RomanMorales wrote: I was an Apple executive before I left to do this.
Worst career move ever?
xangelx
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:37 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:The Fall of Roman's Empire - An OddCity Timeline.
6/21/13 - Roman claims to get kicked out of a Mondo gallery show for being considered "competition".
6/21/13 - Roman tells Mondo and EB that "OddCity is here to stay!" OddCity is changing the game!
6/22/13 - EBers quick to blame Mondo, and side with Roman. EBers begging for Roman to make Roadhouse prints.
6/23/13 - Justin Ishmael posts on EB to refute Roman's claim, and posts his cell phone number so they can discuss.
3/3/15 - OCE previews Godfather 2
3/6/15 - OCE puts Godfather 2 on sale, collects over $60K for regs, variants, and woods
3/8/15 - OCE sends out e-mails that claim your order has been shipped (this is so he can collect on the money paid)
5/19/15 - Printing is finished, Roman says "Shipping soon"
6/29/15 - After a month of claiming issues with customs, Roman proclaims "they have FINALLY arrived"
7/19/15 - Sarah quits OCE, eventually tells EB a few days later
7/20/15 - Roman says Godfather 2 is shipping
7/21/15 - Roman says subs and regulars are shipping first, but your position is contingent on "where you fall in the pile"
7/25/15 - Jack Durieux posts on Facebook "Has anybody received their GF2 yet?"
7/25/15 - Roman begs anyone to post a picture of the tube they received. Target date is now "by the end of the week"
7/31/15 - Bottleneck offers to help OCE with shipping, Roman declines.
8/2/15 - Roman claims a bunch of tubes he shipped have gone missing from the USPS facility, and will get to the bottom of it.
8/3/15 - OCE thread hits 400 pages, lots of dancing GIFs.
8/3/15 - Customers that filed disputes with their banks start receiving their prints in the mail. Everyone else, nope.
8/4/15 - Roman offers jrsheppa a refund if he returns the print because Coppola, DeNiro, Andy Garcia, and wine bottles.
8/9/15 - Oddcity returns to EB and writes a bunch of unreadable nonsense and blames a "former employee" for everything.
8/9/15 - Oddcity claims to never getting an e-mail from Kramerica, showing a lack of understanding of real names vs. EB screen names.
8/9/15 - Oddcity tries to make nice, using upbeat emoji, and bolding the word "finally". It doesn't work… at… all.
8/11/15 - Oddcity posts pics of underwhelming Usual Suspects / True Romance prints sold A YEAR AGO. Deletes Facebooks messages.
8/12/15 - Oddcity writes an epic post on EB. I... can't... even.
8/12/15 - OddCity says drymount you, it is your fault they haven't shipped Godfather yet. Give them an extra 7 days, please.
8/18/15 - OddCity asks customers to remain patient for another 3 days. It's been 29+ days since Roman proclaimed "now shipping".
8/18/15 - OddCity is switching to shopify, which means more crappy prints and excuses are on the way.
8/20/15 - Roman proclaims OCE will be here past December, only different.
8/25/15 - Roman declares "all prints are shipped, you'll have them by the end of the week"
8/26/15 - Roman says that the local USPS has had problems scanning, still refuses to provide tracking numbers to those that ask.
8/26/15 - Roman says "Its costing me money each day that nobody has their prints"
8/27/15 - Roman says,"no more e-mails, we are busy packing woods with some prints." Dude's been "packing" for 6 weeks.
8/27/15 - vtswordfish posts an incredible Roman/Godfather mashup image. Seriously, its the best thing ever (page 460).
8/28/15 - Roman as an "attorney" working with the post office, he's given over $3K in refunds, it's all their fault. Blame them.
8/28/15 - Roman demands an apology from all those who have called him a liar.
You forgot to document when Roman told those missing their prints to "Check by the front door"
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
FridayThe13th
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:14 pm

punch wrote:
Worst career move ever?
That is by far my favorite of all of Roman's lies. Gotta love how he made it sound like he had the office next to Steve Jobs when in reality he was a sales "executive" hawking Apple product to customers from a cubicle.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Going back and reading the early days of this thread is pure gold when compared to what everyone knows about OCE now
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:29 pm

punch wrote:
Worst career move ever?
Even if he was literally an apple, this is a step down
FridayThe13th
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 pm

xangelx wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:The Fall of Roman's Empire - An OddCity Timeline.
5/24/13 - Roman sells Odd City subscriptions despite the fact that Odd City is not a separate legal entity at the time.
9/13/13 - Odd City is registered as a limited liability company in Texas.
6/21/13 - Roman claims to get kicked out of a Mondo gallery show for being considered "competition".
6/21/13 - Roman tells Mondo and EB that "OddCity is here to stay!" OddCity is changing the game!
6/22/13 - EBers quick to blame Mondo, and side with Roman. EBers begging for Roman to make Roadhouse prints.
6/23/13 - Justin Ishmael posts on EB to refute Roman's claim, and posts his cell phone number so they can discuss.
2/14/14 - Roman arbitrarily converts the subscriptions into a token system. Declares "These credits will expire on December 31st, 2014."
2/14/14 - Odd City says "Yes, everyone that purchased at that sub level will receive the Amityville wood print as soon as we get it printed up. The date is still to be determined."
4/11/14 - Someone asks when the hell the Amityville Horror wood variant will ship and Roman says "We are waiting to send this out at a seasonally appropriate moment."
5/24/14 - As of the first anniversary of the subscriptions going on sale Roman has yet to arrange for the production and delivery of the Amityville Horror wood variant.
11/11/14 - Someone asks if the Amityville Horror wood variants have shipped, Roman says "Nope. It is kinda funny that people hadn't figured it out yet. They will be coming in March. I mean, the date is right on the print."
12/31/14 - Subscription tokens expire leaving people SOL?
3/3/15 - OCE previews Godfather 2
3/6/15 - OCE puts Godfather 2 on sale, collects over $60K for regs, variants, and woods. OCE honors subscription tokens for the release.
3/8/15 - OCE sends out e-mails that claim your order has been shipped (this is so he can collect on the money paid)
5/19/15 - Printing is finished, Roman says "Shipping soon"
5/24/15 - As of the second anniversary of the subscriptions going on sale Roman has yet to arrange for the production and delivery of the Amityville Horror wood variant.
6/29/15 - After a month of claiming issues with customs, Roman proclaims "they have FINALLY arrived"
7/19/15 - Sarah quits OCE, eventually tells EB a few days later
7/20/15 - Roman says Godfather 2 is shipping
7/21/15 - Roman says subs and regulars are shipping first, but your position is contingent on "where you fall in the pile"
7/25/15 - Jack Durieux posts on Facebook "Has anybody received their GF2 yet?"
7/25/15 - Roman begs anyone to post a picture of the tube they received. Target date is now "by the end of the week"
7/31/15 - Bottleneck offers to help OCE with shipping, Roman declines.
8/2/15 - Roman claims a bunch of tubes he shipped have gone missing from the USPS facility, and will get to the bottom of it.
8/3/15 - OCE thread hits 400 pages, lots of dancing GIFs.
8/3/15 - Customers that filed disputes with their banks start receiving their prints in the mail. Everyone else, nope.
8/4/15 - Roman offers jrsheppa a refund if he returns the print because Coppola, DeNiro, Andy Garcia, and wine bottles.
8/9/15 - Oddcity returns to EB and writes a bunch of unreadable nonsense and blames a "former employee" for everything.
8/9/15 - Oddcity claims to never getting an e-mail from Kramerica, showing a lack of understanding of real names vs. EB screen names.
8/9/15 - Oddcity tries to make nice, using upbeat emoji, and bolding the word "finally". It doesn't work… at… all.
8/11/15 - Oddcity posts pics of underwhelming Usual Suspects / True Romance prints sold A YEAR AGO. Deletes Facebooks messages.
8/12/15 - Oddcity writes an epic post on EB. I... can't... even.
8/12/15 - OddCity says drymount you, it is your fault they haven't shipped Godfather yet. Give them an extra 7 days, please.
8/18/15 - OddCity asks customers to remain patient for another 3 days. It's been 29+ days since Roman proclaimed "now shipping".
8/18/15 - OddCity is switching to shopify, which means more crappy prints and excuses are on the way.
8/20/15 - Roman proclaims OCE will be here past December, only different.
8/25/15 - Roman declares "all prints are shipped, you'll have them by the end of the week"
8/26/15 - Roman says that the local USPS has had problems scanning, still refuses to provide tracking numbers to those that ask.
8/26/15 - Roman says "Its costing me money each day that nobody has their prints"
8/27/15 - Roman says,"no more e-mails, we are busy packing woods with some prints." Dude's been "packing" for 6 weeks.
8/27/15 - vtswordfish posts an incredible Roman/Godfather mashup image. Seriously, its the best thing ever (page 460).
8/28/15 - Roman as an "attorney" working with the post office, he's given over $3K in refunds, it's all their fault. Blame them.
8/28/15 - Roman demands an apology from all those who have called him a liar.
You forgot to document when Roman told those missing their prints to "Check by the front door"
Added the Amityville Horror wood variant print saga to the timeline, as well as the fact that the idiot sold subscriptions as Odd City before actually forming a separate legal entity. Interesting point in case any sub holder decides to sue him...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Going back and reading the early days of this thread is pure gold when compared to what everyone knows about OCE now
My favorite bit was when everyone believed Roman had in fact gotten kicked out. And rallied behind him.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
pattyren

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Roman didn't even have the courtesy to shoot me a fake tracking number. I feel so ignored.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:08 pm

What a cluster eff.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm

infrared90s wrote:i never even got a tracking number, and i would bet a good number of people have not either
I never did. It just showed up.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 pm

I got nothing. :hanging:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 pm

PLUSH wrote:I got nothing. :hanging:
Ditto :ziggi:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ajmmck
Art Expert

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:48 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
PLUSH wrote:I got nothing. :hanging:
Ditto :ziggi:
It's because you still haven't checked out front of your door. It's blatantly obvious!!
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45 am

What is happening.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:54 am

Not really sure what's going on, but I think Roman said he's leaving flaming bags of poo on people's doorsteps, so keep checking guys!