Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:00 pm

ajmmck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Tell him you'll send it back now, then send it 5 months from now.
Classic.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Codeblue wrote:Tell him you'll send it back now, then send it 5 months from now.
POTD
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:11 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
aivc wrote:So do you want a refund or not tho ? Cause I don't see how you can ask for a refund and then be surprised that he wants the print back too.
I did originally. I asked for one multiple times prior to the print getting shipped. Then he just shipped the print and told me he doesn't offer refunds on shipped prints. I told him he is awful at running his company. He banned me. Then he came back and said that he would send me a refund after I send the print back to him.

My problem was with the thought of sending him the print first before being refunded. I would do that with other galleries if they asked, not with him. There is no way I am sending him the print without the refund first. I have no faith I will get my money back.
But, but but... Andy Garcia wants to put your print on a wine bottle.

In all seriousness, I would never send OCE the print back before getting your money.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
Ifightfortheusers
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
aivc wrote:So do you want a refund or not tho ? Cause I don't see how you can ask for a refund and then be surprised that he wants the print back too.
I did originally. I asked for one multiple times prior to the print getting shipped. Then he just shipped the print and told me he doesn't offer refunds on shipped prints. I told him he is awful at running his company. He banned me. Then he came back and said that he would send me a refund after I send the print back to him.

My problem was with the thought of sending him the print first before being refunded. I would do that with other galleries if they asked, not with him. There is no way I am sending him the print without the refund first. I have no faith I will get my money back.
But, but but... Andy Garcia wants to put your print on a wine bottle.

In all seriousness, I would never send OCE the print back before getting your money.

At least the wine will be appropriately aged by the time buyers get bottles. :pint:
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Ifightfortheusers wrote:At least the wine will be appropriately aged by the time buyers get bottles. :pint:
Zing!
Brilliant
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Was the print shipped flat?
sincere86a
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Why does Andy Garcia want some. He wasnt even in the good movies.
Because Roman was dropping names off the top of his head. Christopher Walken, Harrison Ford, Tony Soprano and Big Bird also want prints.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Is Durieux even going to do 3 at this point? I would think that at some point, you have to look at the professionalism of the company you are working with and say, "I don't want to be associated with you anymore." Maybe he is under contract and can't do that but if I were the artist, I would be looking for every way out.

DD? Thoughts on this from the artist side?
Well LD has his own issues it'll be almost 2yrs by his brothers newest timetable to finish his 6 print transportation sub which only 1 print has been finished.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

acidburn wrote:Was the print shipped flat?
The woods were shipped rolled. That's why it took him so long. Had to soak em for a while first.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 pm

acidburn wrote:Was the print shipped flat?
No.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:19 am

jrsheppa wrote:Is Durieux even going to do 3 at this point? I would think that at some point, you have to look at the professionalism of the company you are working with and say, "I don't want to be associated with you anymore." Maybe he is under contract and can't do that but if I were the artist, I would be looking for every way out.

im going to assume he signed some kind of contract. if i were him, i would argue that contract is toasty void because of how OCE has put a stain on his professional image to his fanbase with the wild mishandling of basically everything, which could arguably boil down to misrepresenting themselves in the original contract. ie, they werent ever actually capable of completing their end of the deal, so hes not beholden to it. that further association with OCE only risks further damage. i mean, id have been out the moment any of the printers emailed me and said "that guy owes a ton of money and were never gonna see it, be careful." because loyalty yo ... but all this, just icing on the bail cake.

i would hope he doesnt, as hes too good for any of this horse hooey.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:26 am

danieldanger wrote:

im going to assume he signed some kind of contract. if i were him, i would argue that contract is toasty void because of how OCE has put a stain on his professional image to his fanbase with the wild mishandling of basically everything, which could arguably boil down to misrepresenting themselves in the original contract. ie, they werent ever actually capable of completing their end of the deal, so hes not beholden to it. that further association with OCE only risks further damage. i mean, id have been out the moment any of the printers emailed me and said "that guy owes a ton of money and were never gonna see it, be careful." because loyalty yo ... but all this, just icing on the bail cake.

But those Andy Garcia likeness rights are tempting...
mike123230
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:59 am

acidburn wrote:
danieldanger wrote:

But those Andy Garcia likeness rights are tempting...
...and the wine tie-ins! Just think of the literally hundreds of dollars to be made.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 am

Well, I'll say that I now believe Roman is on the up and up, but in terribly over his head and maybe this isn't the best line of work. Regardless, I never planned nor plan to buy Godfather Part III, regardless of what it might look like or how long it takes to happen, because of the movie itself, but I also don't think I'll be interested in what OCE does in the future, no matter what it is. People are STILL waiting on those Usual Suspects and that's just nuts.

Either way, my wall had room for the two superior films and only the two superior films.

I'm quite happy to not have this empty space on my wall anymore, and don't those Durieuxs look pretty all in a row.

Good luck in the future, Roman.
hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:49 am

Celsius wrote:... O.C.E. Revolution is the solution. :notworthy:
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works