Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
RomanMorales
Art Expert
Posts: 1178
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:51 pm

It is an event I am attending, but somehow the tweet went out via @OddCityNews on my phone. I rarely ever use the @OddCity News account, but had been unable to detach it from my phone for some reason. I was meaning to tweet this from my @RomanMorales account.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
User avatar
Parzival
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm

You know you're successful when a harmless tweet sends people in a frenzy over buying Secret of Nimh tickets. There's obviously a demand for prints :D
User avatar
RomanMorales
Art Expert
Posts: 1178
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Parzival wrote:You know you're successful when a harmless tweet sends people in a frenzy over buying Secret of Nimh tickets. There's obviously a demand for prints :D
I'm a huge Secret of NIMH and Don Bluth fan. It's something to think about! :pint:
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
User avatar
yingko
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 pm

RomanMorales wrote:It is an event I am attending, but somehow the tweet went out via @OddCityNews on my phone. I rarely ever use the @OddCity News account, but had been unable to detach it from my phone for some reason. I was meaning to tweet this from my @RomanMorales account.
You gotta quit using those stupid Apple products! :)
taylorb89120
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:58 pm

yingko wrote:
RomanMorales wrote:It is an event I am attending, but somehow the tweet went out via @OddCityNews on my phone. I rarely ever use the @OddCity News account, but had been unable to detach it from my phone for some reason. I was meaning to tweet this from my @RomanMorales account.
You gotta quit using those stupid Apple products! :)
Hey. I drink the apple kool aid as well
User avatar
jjdungca
Art Expert
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Oh you crazy guys: http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-the- ... -odd-city/
Mark-Lone-Secret-of-NIMH.jpg
ImageImageImage
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25713
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Interesting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25713
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Let me whip out the big one...

Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm

:clap: Love this movie as a kid. Don't understand the - how this would be PG-13 now-a-days from the article? I guess I have to go and revisit it.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 pm

that oddcity logo is quite the eye sore on this one.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:that oddcity logo is quite the eye sore on this one.

Right, I hope it is not there for real.
User avatar
egrimens
Art Expert
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:41 pm

PLUSH wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:that oddcity logo is quite the eye sore on this one.

Right, I hope it is not there for real.
It would be nice if they came up with a single color logo (that could be adapted to each print).
User avatar
Parzival
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Roman you sneaky bastard. :P I actually like the logo. It does stand out but it isn't bad by any means.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:48 pm

definitely shouldnt be white. maybe a tan or gold. or just remove it.
Mark-Lone-Secret-of-NIMHb.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

ISO Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers print. This brought me right back to that for some reason.
Locked