Breeze Block Gallery 2013/14

General art-related discussion.
svenman
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Following on from the Space//Form exhibition i worked on last year with Breeze Block, I'm working with the gallery on curating their 2013/14 programme.
A new gallery space has been built, so there will now be 2 exhibitions per month.
We're starting off in May with olive47's solo show and a large scale group exhibition called 'Wider than a postcard' involving 200 artists.
More details on those to come shortly, but I just wanted to share the details of the upcoming programme...

2013/14 PROGRAM CURATED BY SVEN DAVIS

ADDITION OF SECOND GALLERY SPACE

Breeze Block Gallery is pleased to announce the next twelve months of programming curated by Sven Davis. We are also thrilled to be expanding into a second gallery space. Breeze Block will concurrently run two shows each month in Gallery 1 and Gallery 2.

Below is the official announcement of our line-up for the next twelve months:

Breeze Block Gallery 2013/14 by sven / a million pieces, on Flickr

PREVIEW INQUIRIES

To be added to the preview list for any or all of the above shows, please email Paige, paige@breezeblockgallery.com

Breeze Block Gallery
http://www.breezeblockgallery.com
fnord
Art Expert

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

:clap:

Congrats on your new endeavor. The Space//Form show was excellent so it's not to see you pushing on.
It looks like you've lined up a great year.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
svenman
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

fnord wrote::clap:

Congrats on your new endeavor. The Space//Form show was excellent so it's not to see you pushing on.
It looks like you've lined up a great year.
Thanks Fnord. The line up was a lot of fun to put together.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Any artists get screwed over by Breeze Block? Shoot me a message...I have some info that could potentially be useful.

Amazing there wasn't more public outrage over non-returned works.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Tue May 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Am I on meth, or did svenman have way more than 16 posts here....
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue May 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Some posts go away when a thread has expired and disappears. I think that he posted more on event threads, which tend to not get bumped after more than a year and then disappear. He also posted more on Artchival than here I think.

This isn't to say that you aren't on meth.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 17, 2016 6:19 pm

dwlfennell wrote:Any artists get screwed over by Breeze Block? Shoot me a message...I have some info that could potentially be useful.

Amazing there wasn't more public outrage over non-returned works.
Story time!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:Story time!
I wasn't going to say much more until the issue was resolved with the artist (Mike Egan), but it's squared away now, so I guess we're good.

Four paintings that just sorta disappeared when Breeze Block closed shop were recently donated to a Goodwill in Oregon. I'm not absolutely sure who "donated" them, but I know they where never returned to Mike. I clued him in this morning and Goodwill is acting in...well....good will and is returning the paintings and investigating it. Unfortunately, two paintings have already been sold.

Seems like a number of artists were never paid in full or had all of their work returned.

Here are the stolen goods:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/Sear ... wthumbs=on
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Luls. I had no idea goodwill does online auctions.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. I had no idea goodwill does online auctions.
I've seen paintings go for over 40k on there. Usually not any great deals to be had and people often overpay compared to other sales venues. Weird marketplace.
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue May 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I think Jeff Proctor never got some stuff back. He said he didn't know about a piece I inquired about a little bit ago. As far as I know it was still unsold when the site went down.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Cragars wrote:I think Jeff Proctor never got some stuff back. He said he didn't know about a piece I inquired about a little bit ago. As far as I know it was still unsold when the site went down.
Same thing with Frank Gonzales. I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 17, 2016 8:33 pm

WTF happened? Did dude go all RATA and get into da hard fudge?