Bruce Yan-The Official Thread!

General art-related discussion.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 pm

I met Bruce at the Mondo show. Really nice & humble guy! Deserves all the success & acclaim he's been getting lately! Keep knocking them out of the park Bruce! :notworthy:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bruceyan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:28 pm

punch wrote:My Monsters Inc is on my wall and won't be coming down anytime soon. Bruce is a talented dude and I expect to see great work from him in the future.

Bruce, since you post on EB and this thread is new.. Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? Where are you from, what got you into art, do you do art professionally or is it a side thing? What artists do you enjoy? Whats your story.
Thanks for asking punch and I'm honored to have my art hanging on your wall!

I'm from Seattle. I have a background in graphic design and that's how I actually make a living. I became aware of the print scene because I'm also a fan/collector. Just thought I'd give it a shot and wasn't really sure where it would lead (still not sure, but having fun with it). I really just wanted to try to make some connections so I could purchase prints/posters easier! haha. I'm a huge fan of Tyler Stout, Olly Moss, Martin Ansin, Ken Taylor, and Kevin Tong to name a few. I'm just really happy that I've found another way to connect with other fans/collectors and that my art has been this well received. I just hope I can continue to meet awesome people and make some cool art here and there.
richyrichoh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Met him at SDCC last year in line for Olly Moss. He showed me his stuff and I already knew from his samples he'd be big. Looks like I was right.
bruceyan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:32 pm

richyrichoh wrote:Met him at SDCC last year in line for Olly Moss. He showed me his stuff and I already knew from his samples he'd be big. Looks like I was right.
Funny how things play out. I'll be in the SDCC mondo line this year too! I'll try to have some stickers or something to give away this year, but I'm not making any promises.
Last edited by bruceyan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whl10
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:34 pm

bruce ya got a mailing list?
punch
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm

whl10 wrote:bruce ya got a mailing list?
Good question. Should get one going!
bruceyan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Nope. Do I need one? I plan on doing print announcements through Twitter (bruceyan) for the time being, but won't be for a bit because I need to meet a bunch of deadlines. Art + Real work + Collecting doesn't leave time for much else!
aldo
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Yes - get mailchimp! It's free to a point and pretty good.
aaron21222
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:32 pm

I must say that the Monster's Inc one is incredible, and it is my current ISO. Can't wait to have it up upon my wall. Keep up the great work. Would love to see you tackle a GID print for The Incredibles.
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Please do some more flamboyant super hero prints :heart:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm

I met Bruce when they had me working the line at the Stout Taylor show. Sup dude :pint:
bruceyan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:I met Bruce at the Mondo show. Really nice & humble guy! Deserves all the success & acclaim he's been getting lately! Keep knocking them out of the park Bruce! :notworthy:
Really nice meeting you!
RottenAtom wrote:I met Bruce when they had me working the line at the Stout Taylor show. Sup dude :pint:
What up Adam!

Next poster events for me will be G1988 "Is This Thing On?" show (I will have a print at this show) and Wondercon! Who's going?
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey Bruce! A big fan of your work here, keep em coming :D Man those two events are on the same day. Its gonna be one heck of a day! r u having a print coming out @ wondercon as well? Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! See you at the con!
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 am

Great talent. Congrats on the well deserved success.

bruceyan wrote:
Nope. Do I need one? I plan on doing print announcements through Twitter (bruceyan) for the time being, but won't be for a bit because I need to meet a bunch of deadlines. Art + Real work + Collecting doesn't leave time for much else!
Ilja
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say hello..
My Totoro is flattening, I will buy frames for my Leon and Spiderhands tomorrow, and the Taxi piece will be on it's way when Hero Complex Gallery is ready to ship Drake's Jen Yu print.

Btw.. go grab Yan's Taxi Driver piece "Travis" right here.. http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/colle ... cts/travis

bruceyan wrote:
Next poster events for me will be G1988 "Is This Thing On?" show (I will have a print at this show) and Wondercon! Who's going?

You should work something out with Bottleneck Gallery for the "When the lights go out" show... having the Totoro and Monsters Inc. in mind, I think you would be perfect for the show.