ABOVE: 'Marilyn likes it hotter' process thread

General art-related discussion.
aboveprints1
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 am

Good morning forum members,
Above has started printing a new series titled Idols, heroes and pioneers. The first print in the I.H.P. series is Marilyn Monroe and titled, Marilyn likes it hotter. He explained that each print is heavily hand painted from the very beginning up to the final layer. Above is painting directly on the paper with brush, spraypaint, stencils, and oil pastels to give each print an extremely unique 1-off quality.
Take a look the images we have so far of this 20+ layer print being made.
This is a mock up testing out different colors in Photoshop.

painting with spray, and brush on the background of each print.

Marilyn silhouette layer.

example 1

example 2

example 3

example 4
another stencil laid on top
example of stencil after painted.

We hope you enjoy watching Above's progression of the Marilyn likes it hotter. We appreciate all of your love and support. Jessica.
aboveprints1
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Above finished printing the A/P reverse edition of Marilyn likes it hotter This print has 24 layers and as you can see every print is very different from the other as Above hand painted each one individually.

in process with still more layers to print.

Here is one of prints from the A/P 'reverse' edition.

Each print is a unique 1-off.

deckled edges

close up

close up

Above is starting on the normal edition of Marilyn likes it hotter I will post process photos in the coming days. Thank you all for your interest and support.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Karen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Yay!!!

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm

rubberneck wrote:Image
Hi Karen!
:lol:
Same fudge, different drop.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Nice stuff there.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:12 pm

PLUSH wrote:Nice stuff there.
Are you Karen too??
Same fudge, different drop.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

mrkyuss will take 10 of em.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Nice stuff there.
Are you Karen too??
? You know my name is not Karen. :) I thought she said Jessica.
fredo
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

.sdrawkcab nettirw t'nerew ti fi retteb ti ekil d'I
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
aboveprints1
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello Expresso beans forum members. I just got this question on the Giant forum board so I wanted to reply to your questions. Let me introduce myself to you and the other forum members. My name is Jessica and I'm now taking over the posting on forum boards for Above's artworks. Yes, Karen was fired as Above didn't feel she was posting correctly and making his appearance on these forum boards reflect negative on his art. We are now working together on changing a lot of new positive aspect of how I post about his new releases. Admittedly I'm on these forum boards to post about new works from Above but I actually have an interest for prints and many artists on these forum boards so I will be trying to partake in other threads as well :) As you have seen by my previous post Above is working on a new print with many layers. He and I talked about his interest for me to post new images of his process of this print for all of you to see and enjoy. My intention is not to spam like Karen previously did but to instead inform and show you actually interesting images of upcoming works from Above. On behalf of Above I want to say thank you all for your love, interest and support. 2013 is shaping up very nice and we hope to offer you beautiful prints from Above.
Jess'
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Uh really?
aboveprints1 wrote: Yes, Karen was fired as Above didn't feel she was posting correctly and making his appearance on these forum boards reflect negative on his art.
:roll:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
aboveprints1
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:.sdrawkcab nettirw t'nerew ti fi retteb ti ekil d'I
This is was creative and made me laugh. Above is working on the normal edition of this print. Since every print is completely unique in this edition the only way to make a different AP version was to flip the image reverse. This edition seen here is the reverse AP edition. Thank you again.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:44 pm

aboveprints1 wrote:
GatorsCanes wrote:.sdrawkcab nettirw t'nerew ti fi retteb ti ekil d'I
This is was creative and made me laugh. Above is working on the normal edition of this print. Since every print is completely unique in this edition the only way to make a different AP version was to flip the image reverse. This edition seen here is the reverse AP edition. Thank you again.
I appreciate that. Thanks for the info.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED