JC Richard - Art of, Discussion, Releases and Appreciation.

General art-related discussion.
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:36 pm

TonyC wrote:+1 Map Room. Hoping for a Grail Room to go with it some day. . .
Be great to have a wide shot of the Shanghai NIghtclub with Indy hiding behind the rolling gong... or maybe a wide shot of Willie's room at Pankot with Indy pushing the statue...

Would be nice to have a set. :)
TonyC
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Packatrix wrote:
Be great to have a wide shot of the Shanghai NIghtclub with Indy hiding behind the rolling gong... or maybe a wide shot of Willie's room at Pankot with Indy pushing the statue...

I'll drink to that :pint:

Richard tweeted a response to Anthony Petrie (revealing the design of his temple map) a couple days ago suggesting that we're going to see a print of the temple from the opening scene of Raiders as well.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Thanks so much for orders this afternoon- you guys are the best-
Adding a few new things as the day goes so feel free to check back- also trying to take sold out stuff down so I apologize if it's unavailable when you go to purchase.

Indy fans.. I HEAR YA. More (official) info soon!
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:57 pm

TonyC wrote:
Packatrix wrote:

I'll drink to that :pint:

Richard tweeted a response to Anthony Petrie (revealing the design of his temple map) a couple days ago suggesting that we're going to see a print of the temple from the opening scene of Raiders as well.
Oh' I'd happily get that, and then a third one showing either the well of souls, or the cave where they open the Ark... you'd have Indy and Marion at one end, plus the ghosts, light beams, and then Belloq and the Germans getting, as they say, pwned.
EG8
Art Expert

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Love that last in a line print! I think its odd that some of those oldies didn't sell out yet...
Image Image Image
agr719
Art Expert

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:25 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Won't be disappointed. I have a big soft spot for Walden Pond as a former New Englander, but the execution on the print itself...one of JC's best and one of the best nature art prints out there, really does a great job of capturing the feel when it comes to walking around that pond and stopping to stare out into the water.
That is very cool!

Not sure if you're familiar with Ralph J. McDonald, but his local gallery is in my hometown, and I grew up with several of his prints in my parents' and grandparents' homes. He has done a lot of work for Ducks Unlimited, here is a sampling:

http://www.countrysidestudio.com/Artwork.html

It's pretty cool being able to see some of those locations in person, so I know what you mean about that.

Semi-related to that, but my parents have one print up in his house that my dad begrudgingly likes; I believe it is titled "The American Frontiersman" and the scene is not too terribly far from our farm, but my dad can't get past the fact that he knows the man who modeled for it, and sometimes that's all he sees :lol:

Also, I'm wondering if I should be kicking myself for not getting Symplegades... :?
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Pretty surprised more haven't sold out. Was hoping for Journey to pop up (or even a spare copy of JP), oh well. Grabbed map room for sure
CaptainBlood
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Yup I was also hoping for the slim chance a JP or two would be thrown in. Still, lots of great stuff! I already have Peter Pan, Dark Knight Returns, and The Map room so it is probably alright that I hold off on buying more Richard today haha.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:35 pm

More up.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:37 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Pretty surprised more haven't sold out. Was hoping for Journey to pop up (or even a spare copy of JP), oh well. Grabbed map room for sure
Sorry I'm way behind taking down the sold out stuff- going through now..

Just put some other older stuff up (sorry Journey sold out!)
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Is there anything else to go up
CaptainBlood
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Seeing that Total Recall makes me really wish we had gotten a screen print of John Carter from Mars. That thing was perfect.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:39 pm

battleroyale wrote:Is there anything else to go up
Just getting a couple more ready to swap out now- probably be up in about 20 min
CaptainBlood wrote:Seeing that Total Recall makes me really wish we had gotten a screen print of John Carter from Mars
You and me both my friend
tdimatt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:53 pm

The Equator is such an impressive print (set) in person.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 pm

tdimatt wrote:The Equator is such an impressive print (set) in person.
Yep. And I just missed out on it... :cry: