JC Richard - Art of, Discussion, Releases and Appreciation.

General art-related discussion.
CMS
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm

JC is on the top of his game.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:46 pm

McCarthy eat your heart out
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow very nice. Will this ever go on sale non-sub?
PaDa1
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 pm

beautiful
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:55 am

Lightagami wrote:Wow very nice. Will this ever go on sale non-sub?
Yes it will.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 am

Is that a sword???
shagdonk
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 am

It's a giant dong.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 am

Going to need this one for sure. Really really wish I'd grabbed a sub.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:07 am

Very happy with the Sub - absolutely best value out there. :)
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 am

charter wrote:Is that a sword???
shagdonk wrote:It's a giant dong.
:rolling: sorry, I found this very amusing.

And I wondered if it was a rifle, but I don't see the stock of the gun down by his arm... so I also wonder if it's a sword :shock:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Ha I can tell some of you don't hike through deep woods sans snowshoes too often...
In order to stay above the surface consistently, it's smart to have a pole/something similar to poke about the surface as you hike. Sometimes they're called staffs, trekking poles, hiking sticks etc, and you can get telescopic ones that tuck in your pack nice and clean... but yeah they can look like a sword, just like when you played around with your ski-poles-as-lances as kids. The setup/placement on his back here merely resembles what my pack usually looks like when I've made similar treks.

Though I like that it can appear to be many things to different people- can reveal much about the mind of the viewers as well
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

microcosmicmedia wrote:Ha I can tell some of you don't hike through deep woods sans snowshoes too often...
In order to stay above the surface consistently, it's smart to have a pole/something similar to poke about the surface as you hike. Sometimes they're called staffs, trekking poles, hiking sticks etc, and you can get telescopic ones that tuck in your pack nice and clean... but yeah they can look like a sword, just like when you played around with your ski-poles-as-lances as kids. The setup/placement on his back here merely resembles what my pack usually looks like when I've made similar treks.

Though I like that it can appear to be many things to different people- can reveal much about the mind of the viewers as well
Ah, yes, that never crossed my mind... although I wasn't exactly serious about it being a sword (sword + backpack did seem like an odd combo) :lol: And no, as much hiking as I've done throughout my life, Tennessee really didn't require any snowshoe usage... my Canadian relatives, on the other hand, that's a different story :lol:

Very, very beautiful print, JC!
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I choose a sword. You can poke snow holes and fight wolves.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm

microcosmicmedia wrote:Ha I can tell some of you don't hike through deep woods sans snowshoes too often...

No, I don't think it's a pole. What do you know?

Seriously though, kudos on yet another awesome piece of art.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
Badbutch wrote:Here are the Alien/Prometheus prints that JC Richard was giving out on the Comic-Con floor. Each feature screen printed silver on black paper and are from an edition of 50. The man gets major props for giving out something so friggin' cool for free.

A couple of my favorites from SDCC. Super awesome of JC to give them away. Love the Engineer, especially.
I am so hugely ISO these two. I got the Prometheus and had no idea he was even there let alone giving away these awesome pieces. Thanks for the pics, BB!