What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52567
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Did those chits go up online?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:12 pm
Did those chits go up online?
The Invader poster? No. I contacted the gallery before the opening and they said there was no print release for this show, just the original pieces in the show were for sale, and the exhibition poster was limited to the first 250 attendees at the opening reception. I snagged the only eBay listing that popped up so far from a Hong Kong seller that had two of them.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
Hutwe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 am

Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Original 1939 printing
Image
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18108
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Image
Ken Taylor

Image
Takashi Murakami
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18108
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Image
Fake - Super Nurse
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18108
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Image
Jason Edmiston

Image
Justin Helton
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18108
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 pm

Image
Jim Yellowhawk
suckittrebek
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Hutwe wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm
Original 1939 printing
Image
Man this is so hot... love it!
User avatar
trarex
Art Expert
Posts: 7361
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:28 pm

First skate deck
Image
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10252
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 pm

electrachrome, the awesome pickups keep coming!
dmm8878 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:33 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:12 pm
Did those chits go up online?
The Invader poster? No. I contacted the gallery before the opening and they said there was no print release for this show, just the original pieces in the show were for sale, and the exhibition poster was limited to the first 250 attendees at the opening reception. I snagged the only eBay listing that popped up so far from a Hong Kong seller that had two of them.
thanks for the info. congrats on grabbing one. hoping to track one down someday
User avatar
chaeldub
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:03 am

Bezt - Unfinished Sympathy

Image
User avatar
timsteaks
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Image

Hung in my hallway so she sort of stares at me when I come in the door. Printing is great.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15303
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:22 pm

I was just looking for the regular edition but a good friend lined me up with this.

Missed out on this when it came out, not sure why .... just happy to be buying art again.

Funhouse had it's 50th anniversary a few weeks back, go listen to that album, hot damn it's great.

Image
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6574
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:41 pm

^ Very nice, mate.

I also missed on that drop. One can probably find me complaining in one of the threads here and blue and rambo telling me that it’s iggy and I will be able to pick one up for cost shortly, lol, if I recall correctly. I still didn’t, but will when one comes around. The reg though; foil really isn’t my thing.
User avatar
phishstix101
Art Expert
Posts: 6105
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:17 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:22 pm
I was just looking for the regular edition but a good friend lined me up with this.

Missed out on this when it came out, not sure why .... just happy to be buying art again.

Funhouse had it's 50th anniversary a few weeks back, go listen to that album, hot damn it's great.

Image
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Image
Post Reply