What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:55 am
Robocop (British Quad)

Image
Just arrived: https://i.imgur.com/pLRThny.jpg
User avatar
ochonueve
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 pm

Victor Grasso 'Mumbo Jumbo'

Image

Image
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Fri May 15, 2020 11:22 am

Image
Image
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7448
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Fri May 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Nice!
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26513
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Sweet! Regret not grabbing that one a few years back.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
ochonueve
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Fri May 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Image
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18013
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:01 pm

nice print ...but may need some ironing. Third crushed tube in the past 7 days.

Image
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16195
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:13 pm

ooof
I imagine that's a pretty cool poster when it's not been run over..

That Janes Addiction up above is sweeeeeeet
...
...
That's what she said
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17848
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm

electrachrome wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:01 pm
Third crushed tube in the past 7 days.
The past 40-60 days have been brutal for USPS/FedEx/UPS.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18013
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm
The past 40-60 days have been brutal for USPS/FedEx/UPS.
3 outta 6 for the week.
I figure it's a risky time to be tube in the system. It's one of the reasons I made the Properly Packing a Tube video.
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Ventura, California
Contact:

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 pm

electrachrome wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm
kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm
The past 40-60 days have been brutal for USPS/FedEx/UPS.
3 outta 6 for the week.
I figure it's a risky time to be tube in the system. It's one of the reasons I made the Properly Packing a Tube video.
You have a link, I would love to show it to some people I've bought from.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18013
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:02 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 pm
You have a link, I would love to show it to some people I've bought from.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=183236
show 'em that thread or send 'em straight to the youTube
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17848
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 pm
electrachrome wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm
kansasbbq wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm
The past 40-60 days have been brutal for USPS/FedEx/UPS.
3 outta 6 for the week.
I figure it's a risky time to be tube in the system. It's one of the reasons I made the Properly Packing a Tube video.
You have a link, I would love to show it to some people I've bought from.
You must not be buying from the right people.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Its hard to know who knows how to pack and ship and who doesn't. I bought a group of 10 Obey prints from the 90s from someone. It cost a bunch of money so I asked the guy if I could send him shipping instructions and packing materials. His response: "I work at a museum." The prints arrived in a reinforced wood crate. The lid was screwed on.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17848
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Galleries are some of the worst in terms of shipping quality. Which still blows my mind.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Post Reply