What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 pm

:clap:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Wow! I was just about to post that I like the beige/cream colored set much better than the red. They're both so very pitiful, now that the foil pics emerge :cry:

Congrats! I actually love my beige set :)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Tapecat
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I love the beige set too!!!!!

But I am a Deadmau5 & Emek & Die Antwoord FREAK...

This was a MUST Have for me.
Now do I just dump the beige or go for the red ones too?????
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Deadmau5 foils: serious business :shock:
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Those look SICK tc! One of the best uses of foil I've ever seen from Emek. Congrats!
Danno1
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Could not be happier with this one, the jpeg gives it no justice. Acquired through a trade with the artist http://www.matt-verges.com/ who is a member here, scumbugg. The colors really pop on this one, will be properly framed and displayed in a week or two.

stay thirsty my friends
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Danno1 wrote:Could not be happier with this one, the jpeg gives it no justice. Acquired through a trade with the artist http://www.matt-verges.com/ who is a member here, scumbugg. The colors really pop on this one, will be properly framed and displayed in a week or two.

this is really awesome. i saw this release on either poster frame or omg and didn't pull the trigger, but now i will!
and i think he is in the same town as me!

nice!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Big thanks to Ianfaith for this one. Haven't taken pictures yet but super stoked to get this Hatch Show print for The Black Keys Ryman show:
Small town pizza lawyer
Danno1
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Yep, I just sent his print to Denver today. Its a great print, on some kind of cotton rag paper, heavy quality feel, great colors. I was really impressed when I opened it today.
stay thirsty my friends
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Danno1 wrote:Yep, I just sent his print to Denver today. Its a great print, on some kind of cotton rag paper, heavy quality feel, great colors. I was really impressed when I opened it today.
thanks danno! really glad youre happy with the print.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Those foils look ridiculous! :drool:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Tapecat
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks all, it really was a battle royal here to get these so I'm especially happy I WON that battle!
ReverendToneZone wrote:Those look SICK tc! One of the best uses of foil I've ever seen from Emek. Congrats!
Man I'll tell ya I think these ARE the best use I have ever seen for sure.

Here's better pics, I stuck some photo corners on a foam board and put 'em on a easel to stand them up & STILL they don't come close to showing the foil flash.
But....These are the best I've seen of these yet and I'll try fooling with the setting on the camera, and mess w/ the light to try for a better set still.

Damn...I am one proud papa! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 pm

No need to take better pics, 'cat. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing.
By the way, I'd forget about snagging a red set. You hit the motherload with the foils, and you have the 2nd best set in the beige. Of course, if you're a completist, go for it!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am

For those who were interested, I opened a thread regarding poly sleeves and acid free backings, titled "Poly sleeves..."
A few pics are included. You'll see there that poly is as clear as glass to see through.
krisjay
Art Expert

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Image, Image, Image, Image
Finally upgraded from my crappy beat up copy I have had for years to a minty fresh A/P out of 75,mmmmmm, happy, happy, joy , joy!!
Burn, baby, burn!!!!