What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:59 am

Codeblue wrote:Hopefully he offered dude a bit more than he was asking. Even the shady drymounts from pawn stars don't pull fudge like that.
Yeah I hope you offered to pay more at the dealer when you bought your car, they're just made so damn well nowadays.
Image ImageImage
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:14 am

TopHatZombies wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Hopefully he offered dude a bit more than he was asking. Even the shady drymounts from pawn stars don't pull fudge like that.
Yeah I hope you offered to pay more at the dealer when you bought your car, they're just made so damn well nowadays.
hardly the same thing - a dealer knows what they are selling is worth (or should) here the guy that owned them clearly seems to have been a collector and so would have an idea as to their value but the person selling them (his sister?) clearly didn't - I would imagine there is an interesting story behind this - better hope the guy at least knew that these were being sold on his behalf or else things could get very interesting :lol:
Joesunday
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 am

TopHatZombies wrote:
Terrible analogy.
Zepeleptic
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:24 am

Dang I hope you guys buy prints from me in the future. I imagine whenever you find a print being sold below the six month average you tell the seller and bump the price to be fair. That's awesome.
TopHatZombies wrote:LOOK FOR THE RED DOTS!!!!!!
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:36 am

fitz wrote: better hope the guy at least knew that these were being sold on his behalf or else things could get very interesting :lol:
Nothing says Christmas like the cops knocking on your door for receiving stolen property.
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:51 am

Joesunday wrote:
TopHatZombies wrote:
Terrible analogy.
Good for you, ya zinged me! The point is when you get a good deal, you get a good deal. When the drymount do you pay for more then asking price? I'm sure all you angels would have offered much more for these prints. Also guess what? We don't know the whole story so shut ya drymountin mouths. #jealousylooksgoodonya :wink:
Last edited by TopHatZombies on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:52 am

fitz wrote:
TopHatZombies wrote:
hardly the same thing - a dealer knows what they are selling is worth (or should) here the guy that owned them clearly seems to have been a collector and so would have an idea as to their value but the person selling them (his sister?) clearly didn't - I would imagine there is an interesting story behind this - better hope the guy at least knew that these were being sold on his behalf or else things could get very interesting :lol:
What about all the Craigslist cars? If you found a good deal would you offer to pay more? Very doubtful.
Image ImageImage
gdeveau
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:57 am

Can't help but think of this deleted scene from High Fidelity:

http://youtu.be/z5ziBCarxEk
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:26 pm

If you got a good deal on a car on Craigslist chances are you're not getting it for less than 10% of the going rate. It's a fairly extreme discount.
That's what she said
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:30 pm

edit: at the end of the day, its not really my concern - certainly its an impressive haul :pint:
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:50 pm

soleblazer wrote:
Very happy for Pine, but damn whoever was selling obviously needed cash, and the nice thing to do would have been to fess up and tell some folks in need what these were worth. This is the opposite of karma.
If she really needed money, she could have put ten minute's online effort into figuring out what the damn things are worth. But she couldn't be bothered and Pineapple got a great deal. End of story. No morality tale here. :eh:
Welcome to the sleaze pit
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Are we sure these aren't DrewJ® reprints? Pine's a busy man, so I might need to inspect that Thing variant in person and find out. :P
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Free scrotum piercing on top of the small pile of cash?
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:12 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Are we sure these aren't DrewJ® reprints? Pine's a busy man, so I might need to inspect that Thing variant in person and find out. :P

Just one more milestone in my 6 year, nation wide, multi-grail, multi-alt, super long epic troll before I initiate Order number 66.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Congrats on the score. Would love a Mad Max some day.