What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 am
Location: Erie
Contact:

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09 pm

These just came in. Beautiful, but I have yet to feel the magic . I may have to pony up for a deeper Horkey fix.
What could it be ... ?
horkey.JPG
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
User avatar
tmurch
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: NC

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:22 pm

boxcarwilly wrote:These just came in. Beautiful, but I have yet to feel the magic . I may have to pony up for a deeper Horkey fix.
What could it be ... ?
horkey.JPG
buy the Fantomas.....ull be hooked.
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
iso munter explosions in the sky
ImageImage
User avatar
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 am
Location: Erie
Contact:

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm

tmurch wrote:
boxcarwilly wrote:These just came in. Beautiful, but I have yet to feel the magic . I may have to pony up for a deeper Horkey fix.
What could it be ... ?
horkey.JPG
buy the Fantomas.....ull be hooked.
Yeah, that looks sensational !
I was also considering the "Black Grist" series but I don't know how hard it would be to find.
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:46 pm

boxcarwilly wrote: I was also considering the "Black Grist" series but I don't know how hard it would be to find.
Do a search on the FS thread. There were at least a couple of really nice looking full sets posted recently.
User avatar
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 am
Location: Erie
Contact:

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:22 pm

ceevee wrote:
boxcarwilly wrote: I was also considering the "Black Grist" series but I don't know how hard it would be to find.
Do a search on the FS thread. There were at least a couple of really nice looking full sets posted recently.
Thanks.
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
User avatar
RITFW
Art Expert
Posts: 2259
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Burlington, Ontario

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 am

Image

Image

Image

Thinking about sending this one to FrameFetish... we'll see...
User avatar
ricv64
Art Expert
Posts: 7382
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: lost and asleep on mazn great highway
Contact:

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:36 am

rad , dave is printing his new one today , malleus too
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
User avatar
macc5
EB Team
Posts: 5466
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:00 am
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am

ricv64 wrote:rad , dave is printing his new one today , malleus too

ooohhhh... got some pics jorge... ? 8)
User avatar
kyle
Art Expert
Posts: 7090
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 am
Location: HumanHorkeyHelmet

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:39 am

macc5 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:rad , dave is printing his new one today , malleus too

ooohhhh... got some pics jorge... ? 8)

:quack:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 am

Wow ! thats so nice !
:quack:
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8003
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 pm

RITFW wrote:Image

Image

Image

Thinking about sending this one to FrameFetish... we'll see...
Great pics, print looks terrific. Color is a bit off though, right? It could have easily won AOTW imo and should have, a bit surprised it didn't. Hope mine will show pretty soon here in Québec. Some might think frame fetish is a bit over the top and detracts too much from the art, but I guess it depends how flashy you go. With the potential this print has, no doubt I am very curious to see what a high end frame job could do on it. None have been seen yet too. Keep us posted, you got my attention.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:00 am

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:42 pm

That is the best pictures I've seen of the Metallica print. The other pictures make it look too dark. Really nice in person. I'm framing mine up later this week or next.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8003
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Interesting. Will be able to make myself my own idea soon enough, but when I first saw RITFW pics, I thought that was a metallic bronze variant. All other pics posted showed a truly black background.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ttkajay
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:42 am

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 pm

just got pearl jam 96 spain and portugal s/n set 8/200 perfect mint condition...beautiful set, love it.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8934
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 pm

while link is a little over the top for my taste, i am very interested to see what he'd do with that metallica print. i bet he'd tear it up.
Post Reply