Charming Baker Lie Down I Think I Love You

General art-related discussion.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

For those who got to see the pieces in person...
How do you think Baker gets the damask pattern on the canvas?
Is it hand painted? That would take too long, it would seem.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:For those who got to see the pieces in person...
How do you think Baker gets the damask pattern on the canvas?
Is it hand painted? That would take too long, it would seem.
This is what sucks about our hobby. We seldomly get to see the originals of these artists. Especially if you live in a fly over state.
Good question!

I will upload loads of Baker's stuff to EB over spring break, which starts Friday. Prepare yourselves... :twisted:
nandaman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Hey all - I *think* I have sorted out 4 of the 5 daily prints...I also think I might have a double of the cars print. I'll let you know when I have them in hand! I'd love to trade the extra cars print for the last print (mice) if anyone has an extra or wants to trade!
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

big thanks to aldo! all my stuff from the show arrived in perfect condition quick as a flash. much appreciated. :notworthy: :notworthy:

pleasant surprise the viewfinder is 3d. my son thought that was cool.
whl10
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 pm

got my charming baker stuff in the mail today from a couple of greatly helpful members on here -
big thanks to shaunhoff and aibohphobia !!
shaun got me a daily print and a viewfinder (Which is way cooler than i thought it would be! 3d!) for cost and
aibophobia got me a snowglobe, showcard and other little trinkets from the show!

you guys are my first poster buddy and snowglobe buddy. thanks a lot for sending a little piece of the show to new hampshire, guys! 8) 8)
shaunhoff
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:13 pm

whl10 wrote:got my charming baker stuff in the mail today from a couple of greatly helpful members on here -
shaun got me a daily print and a viewfinder (Which is way cooler than i thought it would be! 3d!) for cost and
aibophobia got me a snowglobe, showcard and other little trinkets from the show!

you guys are my first poster buddy and snowglobe buddy. thanks a lot for sending a little piece of the show to new hampshire, guys! 8) 8)
Enjoy!
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 pm

My gifts from Shaunhoff arrived as well!
Snow globe, 3D viewfinder, tote, button, sticker, showcard, and what may be my favorite, newspaper!
All that!
Damn!

The newspaper is really something! You can tell that Matthew, Jealous Gallery Master Printer, had a hand in the creation of the newspaper. I love how some of the print layers are broken down!
Really great stuff!

Shaun, thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies! :notworthy:

To be continued.......
shaunhoff
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:My gifts from Shaunhoff arrived as well!
Snow globe, 3D viewfinder, tote, button, sticker, showcard, and what may be my favorite, newspaper!
All that!
Damn!

The newspaper is really something! You can tell that Matthew, Jealous Gallery Master Printer, had a hand in the creation of the newspaper. I love how some of the print layers are broken down!
Really great stuff!

Shaun, thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies! :notworthy:

To be continued.......
:clap:
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Shaun, did you pick up a big print when you were there?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 am

big thanks to aibohphobia for the snow globe.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:10 am

whl10 wrote:got my charming baker stuff in the mail today from a couple of greatly helpful members on here -

samuraiwriter wrote:big thanks to aibohphobia for the snow globe.

:pint:
Image _ Image
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Late notice, but I have a "Planes" Night 1 print that I am offering up for "around" cost. I did quite a bit of pb'ing and I grabbed an extra one of these on the last day. Its on the white paper and is in pretty good condition. As mentioned multiple times in this thread there was some rolling issues during the show. This one has a noticeable roll crease on the back but it is not really noticeable from the front. This was not the one I got for free, that one is MEGA creased!

I am asking 115 shipped. This is cost + tax + ship/insure + fees + a little extra towards supplies and stuff.
Image _ Image
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

FOODRAP wrote:grimey ass mofo's on here.

on another note, how come i dont see any of the new prints in the DB?

shep announced a print yesterday thats already added but this show started how many days ago?

tsk tsk tsk :roll:
Have at it.
Looks like someone added their shitty EBay images to the database.
Ugh.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Anyone who has a copy of the live print "Airplanes" on the nicer cream paper with deckled edges, please PM me. I need a nice picture of it for the database here. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
swabie2424
Art Expert

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 pm

ottomatik71 wrote: Looks like someone added their shitty EBay images to the database. Ugh.
I added these all to the database.... and you're welcome! :P

They aren't from my ebay auction since I am not selling these on ebay. Those were the only pictures I had easily accessible and weren't from ebay at all. Feel free to have those pictures replaced with better ones.
Last edited by swabie2424 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage