Space Invader news..

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
saL
Art Expert
Posts: 2402
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 pm

new print by Space Invader is about to be released according to StreetArtNews:

Image

Image
Help Japan by buying art - http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=64699

Check out my Wall of Stache Fame collection!
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25495
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm

A blurry image of an Invader as the print, for $470?

No thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
Cbjornson
Art Expert
Posts: 1664
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: NoDak

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

rubberneck wrote:A blurry image of an Invader as the print for $470?

No thanks.
But but but it's the 3D INVADER.

COMES WITH 3D GLASSES!
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13436
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm

rubberneck wrote:A blurry image of an Invader as the print for $470?

No thanks.
It will only be blurry if you aren't wearing the 3D glasses....so pretty much all the time unless you are this guy
Image
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm

rubberneck wrote:A blurry image of an Invader as the print, for $470?

No thanks.
But 3D is all the rave right now, just ask hollywood :lol:
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25495
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Waiting for the scratch and sniff edition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
punch
Art Expert
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm not a fan of Space Invader.. this just further cements my opinion. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
User avatar
whl10
Art Expert
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:25 am

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:51 pm

oh i posted this in other thread. sorry for repost, sal.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

rubberneck wrote: $470?

No thanks.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
whl10
Art Expert
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:25 am

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

punch wrote:I'm not a fan of Space Invader.. this just further cements my opinion. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
do you know this is a picture of the invader he sent into space? he invaded actual space! thats taking street art to next level imo.
that said not the best print ive ever seen but knowing what it is makes it cool. just not 500 dollars cool.
bone811
Art Expert
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm
Location: Chicago

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

:Waits for MBW joke:
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25495
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:56 pm

The POW embossed editions were the closest to capturing the feel of an Alias and you got a signature as well.

This and the waffles just show how he's running out of ideas. Granted it's a limited medium to begin with...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
punch
Art Expert
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

whl10 wrote:
punch wrote:I'm not a fan of Space Invader.. this just further cements my opinion. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
do you know this is a picture of the invader he sent into space? he invaded actual space! thats taking street art to next level imo.
that said not the best print ive ever seen but knowing what it is makes it cool. just not 500 dollars cool.
I guess the image itself is cool if that's true, however the 3D print for $500 is what I think is ridiculous. Looks like i'm not the only one.
User avatar
biscocrack420
Art Expert
Posts: 5910
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

easy pass
User avatar
whl10
Art Expert
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:25 am

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm

punch wrote:
whl10 wrote:
punch wrote:I'm not a fan of Space Invader.. this just further cements my opinion. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
do you know this is a picture of the invader he sent into space? he invaded actual space! thats taking street art to next level imo.
that said not the best print ive ever seen but knowing what it is makes it cool. just not 500 dollars cool.
I guess the image itself is cool if that's true, however the 3D print for $500 is what I think is ridiculous. Looks like i'm not the only one.
i agree with you and the others on the print/price. i think the original concept was awesome and was hoping we'd get a kit version of what he sent to space.
Post Reply