The Most Underrated Prints

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Image
Absolutely LOVE this. Have it framed up and can't help but smile looking at it :D
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
User avatar
dinkydoggy
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 am

sugarhiccup wrote:Image

Laurent Durieux Buck Rogers. Maybe it's just because people aren't all that familiar with Buck, but regardless, it's a great print - gorgeous colors and a perfectly-captured pulpy vibe. Looks insane in person.
Very true!
Ctg9095
Art Expert
Posts: 5605
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 am

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:44 am

Image

Sexy in person. Really love the color scheme. BAM
Image
User avatar
harrykeogh
Art Expert
Posts: 3429
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 am

sugarhiccup wrote:Image

Laurent Durieux Buck Rogers. Maybe it's just because people aren't all that familiar with Buck, but regardless, it's a great print - gorgeous colors and a perfectly-captured pulpy vibe. Looks insane in person.
Hell yeah, it's a beaut!
Ctg9095 wrote:[/url]

Sexy in person. Really love the color scheme. BAM
Image
Thanks for posting that. Just bought one. Never knew this existed,flew right by me.
Image
User avatar
Brichella
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 am

theperfecttree wrote:such an amazing and tense movie captured quite well in a single stiff but elegant pose by Craig Drake. I can see how many would be turned off by this style but with as many Drake and Aronofsky fans around here I'm surprised this gets almost no attention.

Image
Nice, but here's an even more beautiful Black Swan print by Adam Simpson. An artist well respected in England, but unknown (I'm sure) amongst the EB/Mondo crowd.
black_swan_print_small.jpg
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 am

mrcarstairs wrote:
Brichella wrote:How can any mondo poster be described as underrated?
Here is the most underrated mondo poster.
Image
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:02 am

Image
expand to 12 x 36, slap the titles on this, print a 1000 and watch it sell out in 1 minute.

Image
Why is this not worth more? One of Taylors best IMO, the colors are amazing. Is it because it has GOT titles?

Image
Beautifully executed.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8456
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

Buckhammer wrote: Image
Why is this not worth more? One of Taylors best IMO, the colors are amazing. Is it because it has GOT titles?
There are a fair few Taylor's that deserve to be higher valued on the aftermarket, but aren't. American Werewolf in London, Creature from the Black Lagoon, At the Drive-In. I'd say it's not worth more because the market was saturated with Game of Thrones prints at the time. So, don't look at it that it's under appreciated, it's just a great print that could be gotten cheap.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Ctg9095
Art Expert
Posts: 5605
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 am

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am

Buckhammer wrote: Image
Beautifully executed.
And the GID is sexy too :drool:
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4537
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am

zefarrett wrote:Image
Absolutely LOVE this. Have it framed up and can't help but smile looking at it :D
Oh yeah, out of all the possible underrated Jay Ryan prints, this one belongs here the most.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 am

veltri wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Image
Absolutely LOVE this. Have it framed up and can't help but smile looking at it :D
Oh yeah, out of all the possible underrated Jay Ryan prints, this one belongs here the most.
While watching Just Like Being There on Netflix I realized why Jay went with a Dutch style bike for the print. Draw what you know.
Image
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4537
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
veltri wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Image
Absolutely LOVE this. Have it framed up and can't help but smile looking at it :D
Oh yeah, out of all the possible underrated Jay Ryan prints, this one belongs here the most.
While watching Just Like Being There on Netflix I realized why Jay went with a Dutch style bike for the print. Draw what you know.
Image
That's so cool! I'm reposting this in the Cargo Flip thread.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 am

veltri wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Image
Absolutely LOVE this. Have it framed up and can't help but smile looking at it :D
Oh yeah, out of all the possible underrated Jay Ryan prints, this one belongs here the most.
There are a ton of underrated prints by Jay, but I agree that this is totally #1!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
Post Reply