Page 183 of 195

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am
by Greatplainsman
I can’t see it either

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm
by Vonschinkel
Vonschinkel wrote:Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Very nice print.

edit: Looks like Google Photos is crap for forum posts. Updated with imgur links, click through for bigger versions.
Sorry about the earlier link, not sure what's going on. Updated.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:34 pm
by jkw3000
Image

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 pm
by jayper
I'm assuming these are two of the others:




Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 pm
by whatisee

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm
by bsharp
I like this one a lot more than the previous release he did through them, Dolly Varden.

Image

"Parasola"

Limited Edition: 100
Dimension of picture: 33.3 x 24.0 cm
Type of print: Woodcut print
Paper used: Echizen kizuki hosho washi (produced by living national treasure Ichibei Iwano)
Date of publication: December 2018
Supervision: The Adachi Foundation for the Preservation of Woodcut Printing
Price: 80,000 JPY

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:27 pm
by golobulus
80,000 yen = $700 dollars

I suppose the edition is pretty low on this.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:28 pm
by jeffzilla
This is great, but over $700 USD is very $$$

Anyone know how much the prints from JoyceHK are going for?
bsharp wrote:
I like this one a lot more than the previous release he did through them, Dolly Varden.

Image

"Parasola"

Limited Edition: 100
Dimension of picture: 33.3 x 24.0 cm
Type of print: Woodcut print
Paper used: Echizen kizuki hosho washi (produced by living national treasure Ichibei Iwano)
Date of publication: December 2018
Supervision: The Adachi Foundation for the Preservation of Woodcut Printing
Price: 80,000 JPY

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm
by jjttdw
It is a woodcut which is a whole lot harder than a silk screen. Guesings that is why its pricey.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:17 pm
by chaeldub
jeffzilla wrote:This is great, but over $700 USD is very $$$

Anyone know how much the prints from JoyceHK are going for?
The four JoyceHK prints are 4800HKD each or $615USD.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:12 am
by ygolohcysp
jjttdw wrote:It is a woodcut which is a whole lot harder than a silk screen. Guesings that is why its pricey.
Plus the handmade paper.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 pm
by Gustie13
I'm loving this Traveler. Going to look amazing in my daughter's room once I get it framed up!

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:31 pm
by Codeblue
These chits look more like watercolors than prints. Really nice stuff. Liked em even better when they were "only" 5 hunge tho.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm
by madbaki
If there is anybody out there that snagged the "Parasola" print, and would let go of it for $250 "service" (on top of the price of the print) I would love to take it off your hands. I'm only looking to get it from the source, and as they only plan to ship out in mid-January, there is still time.

Re: James Jean News and Releases

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 am
by xland333
James has been killing it with these print releases!