papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:46 pm

hyu1337 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:16 pm
guryter wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:08 pm
Sadly accurate.

What were you looking for, tho? No one knows if it will go through the roof or just stay flat. You want to speculate, then go for it. The unabashed flip talk has always been more unspoken here, I think that's really all there is to it.

This print is flames though, that insta vid almost convinced me.
It's a gamble I understand that. Nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to investment. I just wanted to know if anyone with experience flipping JJ prints that have "gone up in value" had success in finding buyers. As i have read prints are very illiquid but JJ is on a different level.
as you mentioned this is a site with historical print sale data. why not just look at JJs previous prints? and see for yourself?

here's a link to all his prints:

https://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?artist=2897

collecting and selling is always a gamble. even with james prints you really have to understand what the market is looking for, what properties people will buy to make money, and how long you are willing to wait to sell it. two other movie prints:

Everything Everywhere All At Once - selling for 4x on ebay
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/304787

Retroflect (Blade Runner) - several sales at 10x, average of 5x on ebay
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/265032

for this print in particular, you can also look at their previous collab. james and guillermo have been friends for a long time. so this print has more going for it than just another rando movie.

The Shape of Water - selling for 3x+ on ebay
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/253805

all the info is here. please stop insulting people on the forum. you are getting trolled because you are asking when you can just look yourself.

i personally buy what i like, and skip the rest. i really don't like his bald kid and haven't bought a single print with that imagery.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:54 pm

why are we still trying to help this dude? after the feckless name calling that was homophobic and ableist?

might be decent if the mods actually uhhh moderated?

oh but lets do detailed breakdowns of previous sales after he canceled his orders.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:04 pm

35mmpaul wrote:

This website needs this. We need this. Traffic went up 12% since he came here and fudge on all of you.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:05 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
why are we still trying to help this dude? after the feckless name calling that was homophobic and ableist?

oh but lets do detailed breakdowns of previous sales after he canceled his orders.
for the sake everyone reading that doesn't post. it's an online forum, and anyone can make an account. we only have a couple people modding when they have time. it's easier for us to kill them with kindness than sending warnings or banning. they can just create another account and continue trolling. and thats not a good use of our time.
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:10 pm

acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

This website needs this. We need this. Traffic went up 12% since he came here and fudge on all of you.
All i feel is pain.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:14 pm

guryter wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:10 pm
acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

All i feel is pain.
And full disclosure I have no clue about traffic on this site.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:32 pm

acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

This website needs this. We need this. Traffic went up 12% since he came here and fudge on all of us.
Don’t you you feel special there!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:01 pm

KipPotapych wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:32 pm
acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

This website needs this. We need this. Traffic went up 12% since he came here and fudge on all of us.
Don’t you you feel special there!

And now Trump cards are coming down. Safer with the Pinocchio
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:03 pm

acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:38 am

papaver wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

for the sake everyone reading that doesn't post. it's an online forum, and anyone can make an account. we only have a couple people modding when they have time. it's easier for us to kill them with kindness than sending warnings or banning. they can just create another account and continue trolling. and thats not a good use of our time.
definitely not asking mods to read every post.

but if someone is using homophobic and ablest slurs, and its reported, and the response is....to then help them out on and in detailed breakdown to a simple question basically asking about will he make money flipping, that might not be a good use of time either.

glad to see their posts are still up.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:50 am

35mmpaul wrote:
papaver wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

but if someone is using homophobic and ablest slurs, and its reported, and the response is....to then help them out on and in detailed breakdown to a simple question basically asking about will he make money flipping, that might not be a good use of time either.

if you feel like a post needs to be removed, by all means click on the "Report this post" button and a mod will evaluate it at their discretion. looks like he already got a warning. i didn't see any posts that were reported.

maybe instead of spending time writing posts about mods and giving them grief, volunteer your time and help manage the site.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:36 pm

papaver wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
papaver wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:

if you feel like a post needs to be removed, by all means click on the "Report this post" button and a mod will evaluate it at their discretion. looks like he already got a warning. i didn't see any posts that were reported.

maybe instead of spending time writing posts about mods and giving them grief, volunteer your time and help manage the site.
thats exactly what i did. oh a warning. wow. but the posts are still up.

if you wanna give me power to remove people then i'll take that.

but dont sit here and try and lecture me that im asking you to actually moderate is giving you grief. and that its MY fault because you dont like my response.

but glad to know, gifs of dildo copters BAD, but slurs are fine.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:31 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:36 pm
papaver wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
papaver wrote:

thats exactly what i did. oh a warning. wow. but the posts are still up.

if you wanna give me power to remove people then i'll take that.

but dont sit here and try and lecture me that im asking you to actually moderate is giving you grief. and that its MY fault because you dont like my response.

but glad to know, gifs of dildo copters BAD, but slurs are fine.
reach out to the admins and ask to volunteer to mod, simple.

don't assume everyone moderates the same or gets offended by the same type of content.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:01 pm

you are attempting to make me the problem. instead of actually taking care of the problem.

if you are fine with his comments then you are as bad as he is. or you could do something about it.

its your choice. not about me not being willing to volunteer. or being 'offended' by his words.

if you think you are being a helpful mod in this instance, you aren't. you are just obfuscating.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Can I volunteer to mod.....because 35mmpaul would be one of the first I would ban, right after anyone who uses the in a sentence.