Art of Tomer Hanuka

General art-related discussion.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:27 pm

^ They all look pretty nice. Considering Cinder and Scarlett. Dindt even know these were related to a thing which actually slows my impulse to purchase.
eseffinga
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:11 am

I wish Tomer would put out another art book. He's done so much work since the last one.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:44 pm

from instagram "Secret print drop immanent. Details via the mailing list"

guessing it will be this
https://www.media.mit.edu/events/neri-o ... l-ecology/

jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:59 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:31 pm

It’s been a while. What better reason to bump a thread than an AP drop?

http://thanuka.com/prints
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:22 am

Hello everyone, I am searching for info about this piece of art, does anyone know if this was ever printed? It's a piece of art originally created for Entertainment Weekly to promote the release of Stephen King's 2006 novel, CELL, which is a great read which I absolutely loved back in the day (nearly 18 years ago!!!).

I just learned about it through the sketch which is currently for sale at Gallery Nucleus as part of Tomer's newest show, Unknown Pleasures, which is ironically titled because I can't find any details on this particular piece and whether or not it was released in a printed form. Here's where I found it originally being used: https://ew.com/.../stephen-kings-cell-read-first-two.../

So do any connoisseurs have any info or a copy they are willing to sell me? Thanks in advance.

mcnail
Art Expert

Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:20 pm

jvwoodford wrote:
Hello everyone, I am searching for info about this piece of art, does anyone know if this was ever printed? It's a piece of art originally created for Entertainment Weekly to promote the release of Stephen King's 2006 novel, CELL, which is a great read which I absolutely loved back in the day (nearly 18 years ago!!!).

I just learned about it through the sketch which is currently for sale at Gallery Nucleus as part of Tomer's newest show, Unknown Pleasures, which is ironically titled because I can't find any details on this particular piece and whether or not it was released in a printed form. Here's where I found it originally being used: https://ew.com/.../stephen-kings-cell-read-first-two.../

So do any connoisseurs have any info or a copy they are willing to sell me? Thanks in advance.

It was printed, and I do have a copy somehwere, but I honestly have no idea where right now. I can TRY to take a look later this winter.
Cheers
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:46 am

oh man that would be great, please share any other details you have on the release even if you aren’t selling, genuinely curious about this one
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Mitch! Thanks for hanging around still.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
65PosterCowboy
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:46 pm

Been looking for the perfect storm print for years. Finally got the “dandelion” being from GA. Absolutely a great artist.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:11 am

mcnail wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:20 pm
jvwoodford wrote:

It was printed, and I do have a copy somehwere, but I honestly have no idea where right now. I can TRY to take a look later this winter.
Cheers
^what a guy. Hats off truly