General FAILE related thread and stuffs

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
drummer7795
Art Expert
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:00 am

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:14 pm

toobs wrote:Image
these badass bitches are shipping, just got my notice, i really dont understand how so many passed on this
The bottom wings kill it for me, followed by the faile name. Not feeling it on this one. I have zero doubts on the execution of the art, just a little too loud '80's for me.

However I have no problem with dem hips. And I suppose some ass would be nice but sub rosa is out there somewhere…..
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
stevenopoly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:07 pm

^ Really? the FAILE typography is one of the best parts of this print. I regret not picking it up, but it also takes a ton of wall space.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:41 pm

says mine should be here tomorrow. :)
User avatar
TheOrigin
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 am

Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:41 pm

hater1000 wrote:anyone notice these? They are on arrested motion right now.
Image
Image
Anyone get lucky on the Perrier comp? I guess they had a lot of entries..
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 2002
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Image
Image

love this print. :drool:
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:11 pm

There was no Perrier rep when I was there. The guy who seemed to be running the show at the time said he'd take my name/email for it - but I highly doubt that info got where it needed to go.
User avatar
maddoghoek100
Art Expert
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 am
Location: NYC

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:11 pm

i think it is safe to say someone will mention if they did. i think it is also safe to say the odds are about as good as winning that picasso.
TheOrigin wrote:
Anyone get lucky on the Perrier comp? I guess they had a lot of entries..
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52173
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Odds couldn't possibly be worse than the Banksy lottery. Yet people always seem to win those here. This fudge was rigged (or they're just lazy as drymount and haven't done it yet).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
spagucci1
Art Expert
Posts: 2481
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

TheOrigin wrote: Anyone get lucky on the Perrier comp? I guess they had a lot of entries..
I didn't win a print but I was able to get a Deluxx Fluxx beer coozie, tokens, and some Faile and Bast stickers.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:36 pm

I didn't see a koozie. Happy to have some tokens and stickers though. Great little souvenirs.
User avatar
maddoghoek100
Art Expert
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 am
Location: NYC

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 pm

now that is just ridiculous. The run on this for the contest was 5, 2 of which were exclusive to entrants on site in miami.

So there are 3 available for the online drawing.

Choose your own had a run of what 400 or so between all the color ways. I have no information on the number of entries, but the difference in run size is 2 orders of magnitude higher. Given how easy it was to submit an entry online i find it hard to believe that anyone who played it square end entered 1 time per day from their actual email account has a significant chance of winning. And if you did not play is square and entered several dozen or hundred times im thinking your odds would still suck

so maybe cool it with the rabble rousing that the thing was rigged
Codeblue wrote:Odds couldn't possibly be worse than the Banksy lottery. Yet people always seem to win those here. This fudge was rigged (or they're just lazy as drymount and haven't done it yet).
spagucci1
Art Expert
Posts: 2481
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:46 pm

5? Where did you see that? I remember seeing a higher run number. Faile even mentioned selling the remainder of the prints in 2014.
maddoghoek100 wrote:now that is just ridiculous. The run on this for the contest was 5, 2 of which were exclusive to entrants on site in miami.

So there are 3 available for the online drawing.

Choose your own had a run of what 400 or so between all the color ways. I have no information on the number of entries, but the difference in run size is 2 orders of magnitude higher. Given how easy it was to submit an entry online i find it hard to believe that anyone who played it square end entered 1 time per day from their actual email account has a significant chance of winning. And if you did not play is square and entered several dozen or hundred times im thinking your odds would still suck

so maybe cool it with the rabble rousing that the thing was rigged
Codeblue wrote:Odds couldn't possibly be worse than the Banksy lottery. Yet people always seem to win those here. This fudge was rigged (or they're just lazy as drymount and haven't done it yet).
User avatar
hellosir
Art Freak
Posts: 11189
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm

I too am irate that I didn't win a free $1,000 print. I'm gonna start a support group
User avatar
disdig1
Art Expert
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: NY

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:55 pm

when i first saw that print i really liked but honestly there is a lot going on in that, a little to busy for me.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 pm

spagucci1 wrote:5? Where did you see that? I remember seeing a higher run number. Faile even mentioned selling the remainder of the prints in 2014.

He is saying they were giving away 5. Yes, the total run is 20.
Post Reply