The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
spenie
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

spagucci1 wrote:
spenie wrote:Just spotted this, absolute bargain for the size....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Josh-Keyes-Or ... SwUdlWdxHv
Bargain? I thought Keyes OGs were in the 6k range?
Not for a 30 x 40. from source Josh had priced at $17500.
Image T.K.C.
spenie
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:49 pm

spenie wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
spenie wrote:Just spotted this, absolute bargain for the size....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Josh-Keyes-Or ... SwUdlWdxHv
Bargain? I thought Keyes OGs were in the 6k range?
Not for a 30 x 40. from source Josh had priced at $17500.
http://www.limageriegallery.com/Josh_Ke ... esj102.htm
Image T.K.C.
ccoleiro
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Prices are based on size. 13 x 20 is $6k and this one is 30 x 60, so you would expect it to be more.
I vaguely recall that piece being on ebay a few times in the past though.
Last edited by ccoleiro on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:00 pm

That is not a bargain...
Image
User avatar
maddoghoek100
Art Expert
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 am
Location: NYC

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 pm

i seem to recall this or another David B Smith piece on the bay last year as well
ccoleiro wrote:Prices are based on size. 13 x 20 is $6k and this one is 30 x 60, so you would expect it to be more.
I vaguely recall that piece being on ebay a few times in the past though.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:11 pm

The last 30x40 I watched on eBay barely broke 10k.
Image
User avatar
admhall
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Just grabbed a drifting. Can't wait to see it.
The one from the bay. He accepted my offer just didn't see it until it ended
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
User avatar
admhall
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 pm

alittle wrote:That is not a bargain...
30K doesn't seem like a bargain either
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
User avatar
duckyhoward
Art Expert
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:16 pm

spenie wrote:
spenie wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
spenie wrote:Just spotted this, absolute bargain for the size....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Josh-Keyes-Or ... SwUdlWdxHv
Bargain? I thought Keyes OGs were in the 6k range?
Not for a 30 x 40. from source Josh had priced at $17500.
http://www.limageriegallery.com/Josh_Ke ... esj102.htm

^^ - i reckon the 'Waking' painting has been listed by that same gallery for at least the last 3 years - if not longer.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
User avatar
Solar
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 pm

alittle wrote:The last 30x40 I watched on eBay barely broke 10k.
That's because only weaker 30x40s have been listed on eBay. I could be wrong, but this might be the same 30x40 that was up for auction last time. At the very least it was from the same series.

30x40 is $17,500 at primary and the better ones are worth every penny (or more).
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Thu May 05, 2016 1:46 am

Very happy to have one

Image
User avatar
duckyhoward
Art Expert
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 am

^^ - Congrats - a great little print.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
User avatar
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Thu May 05, 2016 10:36 am

New RHCP album announced. Cover by Josh? (first thing I could think of)

Image
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5994
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Thu May 05, 2016 10:40 am

Looks like Kevin Peterson to me
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10724
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Thu May 05, 2016 10:47 am

Post Reply