The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
JoshKeyes
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

PS Keep your eyes on the skies.
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
Posts: 10127
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Figure better safe than sorry. Haven't had any issues yet with them. Just antsy to add another print to the collection! :D
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
User avatar
hillsj2001
Art Expert
Posts: 1624
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:00 am

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:54 pm

mine just landed...ordered in the first 20 and got #949...i always try for the lowest number possible so am kinda bummed...just my ocd lol
User avatar
dhokes
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 am
Location: UK

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm

zefarrett wrote:Are people still waiting on their TS prints? I saw some were posted that they had it. I thought I was within the first 50 or so to purchase. Although I really have no clue how long it has been since the edition closed.
I've received mine in the UK and a corner's been roughed up.
User avatar
Jasper73
Art Expert
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:01 pm
Location: Preston England

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:17 pm

dhokes wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Are people still waiting on their TS prints? I saw some were posted that they had it. I thought I was within the first 50 or so to purchase. Although I really have no clue how long it has been since the edition closed.
I've received mine in the UK and a corner's been roughed up.
Ditto. Bottom left.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Jasper73 wrote:
dhokes wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Are people still waiting on their TS prints? I saw some were posted that they had it. I thought I was within the first 50 or so to purchase. Although I really have no clue how long it has been since the edition closed.
I've received mine in the UK and a corner's been roughed up.
Ditto. Bottom left.

Samsies on one of mine, but I guess the second one in the same tube somehow avoided it. Nothing that won't frame out though, but the tubes were on the flimsy side this time around.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
admhall
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Still waiting here in Chicago but I didn't order until the last hour
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:15 pm

JoshKeyes wrote:Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

PS Keep your eyes on the skies.
Is a satellite going to drop on us?
...I see what I did there.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 14084
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:38 am

JoshKeyes wrote:Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

PS Keep your eyes on the skies.
OK! But then after keeping our eyes on the skies we would like whales in cemeteries please!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9828
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

gorkie wrote:
JoshKeyes wrote:Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

PS Keep your eyes on the skies.
OK! But then after keeping our eyes on the skies we would like whales in cemeteries please!

Only after rhinos charging down concrete hallways. Kay, thanks. :wink:
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm

This thing feels a bit like a livecam from a Keyes painting: http://nymag.com/following/2016/03/gran ... izing.html
In what is surely the best possible use of their time, hundreds of people have spent the week watching a virtual deer run around a virtual city, occasionally getting into trouble but mostly doing nothing.

The San Andreas deer cam, which operates inside a modded version of Grand Theft Auto V, is oddly compelling. Often the deer does nothing other than dart back and forth, but on an interval, the program warps it to different locations. This occasionally causes trouble, like when the deer catches the attention of gang members or the police (on Sunday, the deer successfully evaded a police manhunt).
User avatar
admhall
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:16 pm

#882 and #883 in the ts run. Tube came great as did both prints. Really like the size of this one
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
ccoleiro
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:25 am

My TS prints arrived finally, and I thought I'd do a quick comparison photo between the original and the print. The prints do a pretty good job I'd say.
IMG_7537.JPG
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 am

Nice. Thanks for the comparison. Print seems slightly warmer over all and darker in some areas. Otherwise it's a good reproduction. Having it be close to full-size is nice too.
So it goes...
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5713
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:49 am

ccoleiro wrote:My TS prints arrived finally, and I thought I'd do a quick comparison photo between the original and the print. The prints do a pretty good job I'd say.
IMG_7537.JPG
Humble brag?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Post Reply