The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:43 am

has anyone heard back anything from the gallery yet?
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 am

I got lucky I guess because mine only had the very slightest of roll-bend which is surprising for the way it was so poorly rolled and so loose in a 3 1/2 inch tube! When I opened it I really feared the worst because the ends of the kraft paper were crushed on both sides from it banging around in the tube.

Just such a poor packing job all around, really lucky mine was undamaged.
Last edited by hunterjax on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciphe
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 am

geebee wrote:Mine arrived in the same condition - not a crease, but very significant bend like sixstringer's. I flattened it normally overnight and then gave it a slight reverse roll. Flattened again for a few hours and it looks much better. With a mat, it will be fine.

- geebee
for almost a $300 print I defintely wouldn't settle for anything less than absolute mint.

-ciphe
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 am

schmoff wrote:has anyone heard back anything from the gallery yet?
Gallery might be a loose description here

This falls more into amateurs
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:36 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:

Nope. And last time I had something from think space show up damaged, it took them days to respond to my inquiry. Only to say they held no extras back. They seemed too busy to even give a fudge.
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:38 am

rubberneck wrote:The very fact that this doctoring has to be done is reason enuff to return it and send a message to the gallery.

Mint or return imo. I'll expect a shipping label as well, not going to be out of pocket for their incompetence.

I agree. What's the collecting world coming too where we feel as if we need to grin and bear a $300 purchase and feel like it's us with the problem.
ImageT.K.C.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:43 am

bryndavies wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:

Nope. And last time I had something from think space show up damaged, it took them days to respond to my inquiry. Only to say they held no extras back. They seemed too busy to even give a fudge.
That's where paypal can do the heavy lifting imo. One courtesy email and then dispute on lack of a response.

I'd rather not have it than have one I'm looking at knowing it's compromised. I have no issues with slight damage when it's aftermarket or an original. But they can easily run off some more for that price point.

Mind you, mine is still to come but expectations are set... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 am

bryndavies wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:

Sounds like trying to get change back from a bum ..... :roll:
JDel
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I contacted them the other day and from what I was told there are no replacements. I was told to let the print "settle" to see if it flatens out. Looks like refunds are gonna come in a huge amount. I even complained about shipping and the cost thinking maybe the would atleast refund the shipping costs but that's apparently not gonna happen. I'm thinking of sending a email to Josh.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm sure he's aware..
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Just checked my shipping, nothing beyond initial electronic notification.

Maybe they are holding back end of run to better ship them? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:44 pm

JDel wrote:I contacted them the other day and from what I was told there are no replacements. I was told to let the print "settle" to see if it flatens out. Looks like refunds are gonna come in a huge amount. I even complained about shipping and the cost thinking maybe the would atleast refund the shipping costs but that's apparently not gonna happen. I'm thinking of sending a email to Josh.

And it gets worse.

No replacements for a giclee? Luls.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 pm

I got lucky and opened up #3 last night with no gorilla grip or visible damage. Very relieved but sorry for those that have received damage and have to decide now whether to keep or to return.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 pm

JDel wrote:I contacted them the other day and from what I was told there are no replacements. I was told to let the print "settle" to see if it flatens out. Looks like refunds are gonna come in a huge amount. I even complained about shipping and the cost thinking maybe the would atleast refund the shipping costs but that's apparently not gonna happen.
:hanging:
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:53 pm

It's like Sowers all over again! (except people got replacements)
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!