The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
JoshKeyes
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

PS Keep your eyes on the skies.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Figure better safe than sorry. Haven't had any issues yet with them. Just antsy to add another print to the collection! :D
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:54 pm

mine just landed...ordered in the first 20 and got #949...i always try for the lowest number possible so am kinda bummed...just my ocd lol
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm

zefarrett wrote:Are people still waiting on their TS prints? I saw some were posted that they had it. I thought I was within the first 50 or so to purchase. Although I really have no clue how long it has been since the edition closed.
I've received mine in the UK and a corner's been roughed up.
Jasper73
Art Expert

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:17 pm

dhokes wrote:
zefarrett wrote:Are people still waiting on their TS prints? I saw some were posted that they had it. I thought I was within the first 50 or so to purchase. Although I really have no clue how long it has been since the edition closed.
Ditto. Bottom left.
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Jasper73 wrote:
dhokes wrote:
Ditto. Bottom left.

Samsies on one of mine, but I guess the second one in the same tube somehow avoided it. Nothing that won't frame out though, but the tubes were on the flimsy side this time around.
ImageT.K.C.
admhall
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Still waiting here in Chicago but I didn't order until the last hour
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:15 pm

JoshKeyes wrote:Thanks for adding the TinyShowcase to your collection!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting for my order to arrive. It was a large edition, takes a little while. If you have any issues, by all means do contact Tiny.

Best,
Josh

Is a satellite going to drop on us?
...I see what I did there.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:38 am

Best,
Josh

OK! But then after keeping our eyes on the skies we would like whales in cemeteries please!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

gorkie wrote:

Best,
Josh

OK! But then after keeping our eyes on the skies we would like whales in cemeteries please!

Only after rhinos charging down concrete hallways. Kay, thanks. :wink:
ImageT.K.C.
plaink
Art Expert

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm

This thing feels a bit like a livecam from a Keyes painting: http://nymag.com/following/2016/03/gran ... izing.html
In what is surely the best possible use of their time, hundreds of people have spent the week watching a virtual deer run around a virtual city, occasionally getting into trouble but mostly doing nothing.

The San Andreas deer cam, which operates inside a modded version of Grand Theft Auto V, is oddly compelling. Often the deer does nothing other than dart back and forth, but on an interval, the program warps it to different locations. This occasionally causes trouble, like when the deer catches the attention of gang members or the police (on Sunday, the deer successfully evaded a police manhunt).
admhall
Art Expert

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:16 pm

#882 and #883 in the ts run. Tube came great as did both prints. Really like the size of this one
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
ccoleiro
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:25 am

My TS prints arrived finally, and I thought I'd do a quick comparison photo between the original and the print. The prints do a pretty good job I'd say.
IMG_7537.JPG
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 am

Nice. Thanks for the comparison. Print seems slightly warmer over all and darker in some areas. Otherwise it's a good reproduction. Having it be close to full-size is nice too.
So it goes...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:49 am

ccoleiro wrote:My TS prints arrived finally, and I thought I'd do a quick comparison photo between the original and the print. The prints do a pretty good job I'd say.
IMG_7537.JPG
Humble brag?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump