The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:56 pm

thanks for posting high res pics of the OGs. It's nice to get to see all the details :drool:
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7452
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Fuuuuck, I wish that lifeboat painting would become a print.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:12 pm

So it doesn't look like we're going to see that crabby sculpture 4th quarter 2014.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
leary411
Art Expert
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Your better off waiting for the Collector...That one looks the best of the bunch so far IMO. Still not sure I can get on the toy buying wagon, but then again I never thought I would be into art prints this much either...

Image
T.K.C.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:34 pm

i hear ya all around, leary, my firend. i never thought i'd get into the whole toy scene, and still don't think i am, since i can call the keyes stuff "sculptures." i ended up grabbing the lifted sculpture a month or so ago, and i just like how it is a 3D "live" representation of works i have on paper. that is the real draw for me. i certainly won't be "playing" with these things, and i maintain they are different than those other toys on the market. i'll be after that collector for sure. i just thought those crabbies were set to come out in december and the second in first quarter 2015.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 pm

ccoleiro wrote:I'm a little late again, but here are some pics of my latest acquisition!


ImageIMG_4317 by ccoleiro, on Flickr
woah :shock: :shock: hell of a collection, but man that blimp :drool:
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 14081
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 pm

sixstringer wrote:nice collection sir!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:27 am

Impressive!

... and thanks for the heads up on Sowing, guys! Been kicking my own ass for not picking up the catalog/print back in the day and DBS is 4 blocks from my office, so local pick-up for the win :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 7271
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:48 am

Adaptation I
14"x11", acrylic on birch panel, 2014

Image
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Dark, but I still like it.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5415
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 pm

That's probably my favorite piece since Exodus.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:43 pm

leary411 wrote:Your better off waiting for the Collector...That one looks the best of the bunch so far IMO. Still not sure I can get on the toy buying wagon, but then again I never thought I would be into art prints this much either...

Image
I could convince myself that it is a statue instead of a toy.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:19 pm

haven wrote:That's probably my favorite piece since Exodus.

Just picked up exodus right in time before I stop spending money for new year.
Timbrh2001 wrote:
leary411 wrote:Your better off waiting for the Collector...That one looks the best of the bunch so far IMO. Still not sure I can get on the toy buying wagon, but then again I never thought I would be into art prints this much either...

Image
I could convince myself that it is a statue instead of a toy.
That's what I'm saying, timber, Jerry the mule.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:23 pm

bryndavies wrote:
haven wrote:That's probably my favorite piece since Exodus.

Just picked up exodus right in time before I stop spending money for new year.
Timbrh2001 wrote:
leary411 wrote:Your better off waiting for the Collector...That one looks the best of the bunch so far IMO. Still not sure I can get on the toy buying wagon, but then again I never thought I would be into art prints this much either...

Image
I could convince myself that it is a statue instead of a toy.
That's what I'm saying, timber, Jerry the mule.
Timber (Jerry) > Also Sprach Zarathustra
User avatar
murdock
Art Expert
Posts: 4240
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Location: Krautland

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:33 pm

duckyhoward wrote:Image
"The Road" 12"x20" acrylic on panel :clap:
Probaby my favorite of the "new direction" paintings. No fan of the frame, though...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
Post Reply