spenie
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Happy birthday and a great purchase :))
Image T.K.C.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:27 pm

duckyhoward wrote:It is great to be the custodian of this wonderful painting by Josh Keyes which i was fortunate to pick up a few weeks ago. It arrived safely to me today; on my b'day. Made a pretty good day an even better one. :D
The Call - 12"x9”, acrylic on birch panel, 2014
Congrats and happy birthday. Besides Dick Cheney, people born on January 30th are the fudge (you, me and Phil Collins)!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Congrats on the score! :clap: How good are you at photography? :drool:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm

PDC wrote:
duckyhoward wrote:It is great to be the custodian of this wonderful painting by Josh Keyes which i was fortunate to pick up a few weeks ago. It arrived safely to me today; on my b'day. Made a pretty good day an even better one. :D
Nice piece. I'm a little behind on how this went down. Was this part of the series that Josh released online?
How were people given the opportunity to purchase these?
What was the price range?
Yes, sold at his online show. Josh sent out a preview list to (some) people who had expressed interest.
PDC
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Bluecow wrote:
PDC wrote:
Nice piece. I'm a little behind on how this went down. Was this part of the series that Josh released online?
How were people given the opportunity to purchase these?
What was the price range?
Yes, sold at his online show. Josh sent out a preview list to (some) people who had expressed interest.
Thanks.
saL
Art Expert

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:36 pm

"The Messengers"
12"x20", acrylic on birch panel 2014
For inquires please contact Antler
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Great detail work. Hope I get the call back for this beaut.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:48 pm

OK now that is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really like that one.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Lots of happy trees. Congrats on the score. Wish i liked this new direction for him but dont.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

It's for the 2 person May show. So nobody scored it yet.
bmerel
Art Expert

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:04 am

gorkie wrote:It's for the 2 person May show. So nobody scored it yet.
Its for the Antler PDX show that opened last night.

PDF file said "image coming soon" but the name of the piece was in fact "The Messengers"

http://www.antlerpdx.com/brink.html

http://www.antlerpdx.com
murdock
Art Expert

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 am

sixstringer wrote:While the execution is quite good (as always) I feel that without the signature JK earth slices/water cubes motif we have all grown to love they lose quite a bit of their appeal (to me anyways.) I'm afraid these pieces could easily get lost among the hundreds of surreal/fantasy/wildlife artists you can find on deviantart or at a large art festival. (OMG did I just say that?) I hope that doesn't come off rude because I'm not trying to be rude. It's no secret that I'm a huge JK fan. Just an honest critique.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
carcrash
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:55 am

murdock wrote:
sixstringer wrote:While the execution is quite good (as always) I feel that without the signature JK earth slices/water cubes motif we have all grown to love they lose quite a bit of their appeal (to me anyways.) I'm afraid these pieces could easily get lost among the hundreds of surreal/fantasy/wildlife artists you can find on deviantart or at a large art festival. (OMG did I just say that?) I hope that doesn't come off rude because I'm not trying to be rude. It's no secret that I'm a huge JK fan. Just an honest critique.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:06 am

Oops sorry for the misinformation on that piece. Thought it was for the Neil M. Perry and Keyes show coming in May, because I thought I had seen on the original preview that went out for the Brink show (where the Keyes showed no image yet) that the Keyes was only a 12 x 12, but I guess I was not remembering correctly on that. So congrats to whoever did get it!

Agree totally with the comments about the new work, but that Messengers one I do like quite a bit surprisingly.

Anybody know how long JK plans to stay on this current course? Probably won't know until we know I guess.
EG8
Art Expert

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 am

carcrash wrote:
murdock wrote:
Image Image Image