Laurent Durieux - Appreciation & Discussion

General art-related discussion.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:38 pm

Ok Wonka, you must have earned the "please drymount with me" badge from nautilus. Mine looks normal, love that euro ribbed kraft. It's so fancy

KipPotapych
Art Expert

Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:07 am

35mmpaul wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:11 pm
i mean all of obey stuff is packed that way. which is tens of thousands of prints a year from one vendor. seen it many many times when helping friends get prints from his store over many years.
While I don’t have a horse in this race… The above is not true though. If you want to generalize and omit “one offs”, Obey prints are usually packed “paper out”. There is an occasional print that is packed “image” out, but those are outliers in the grand scheme of things. Not that it really matters.

That is all. Lol.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm

in the few years i was helping friends with obey all the screen prints i received were rolled between two pieces of kraft paper image side down. probably like 15-20 prints in total. i don't know what else to tell ya.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:45 pm

Aren't you both saying the same thing
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:45 pm
Aren't you both saying the same thing
It appears now we are, lol. Though I don’t believe I had ever seen two pieces of kraft paper from Obey.

Like I said though, not that it really matters, haha.
tankpig
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:24 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:18 pm
35mmpaul wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:50 pm
wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 pm
Anyone else perplexed by how these were packaged? Both rolled with the printed side out and with the kraft paper rolled up with them, so to remove carefully was interesting.
i mean print side out is normal, and technically 'better'.

but you are saying there was a layer of kraft paper between the prints as well?
After receiving thousands of tubes of posters/prints from around the globe over 20 years of collecting, and seeing stuff packaged with the ink side out less than probably 5 times...that is anything but 'normal' and I don't get why it would be better?

Especially when they are rolled with the kraft and not within, especially void of tissue...just an odd way of doing it, if not completely asinine.
Couldn't agree more, makes no sense.

Trying to reinvent the wheel...no need. It's not broke so don't fix it
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm

you guy both must have had the B team pack your orders. what did you do to upset LD?
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:48 am

The new book looks incredible
blog
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:39 am

Long time no post. Just here to say Nautilus and the Durieux family have awful customer service and you should think twice before buying anything from them.

Bought Halloween from them on the drop. Late last week got an email from Thomas saying they got the tube returned by USPS.
Thomas asked for me to pay for shipping again. I gave them my correct address, USPS made no delivery attempt for some unspecified reason. I can only assume Nautilus goofed up the label or customs docs somehow.

I declined to pay another international shipping charge for someone else's screwup and Thomas refunded me for the print only and not the additional 32 euros for the shipping that i paid for.

Not a huge amount of money to be sure, but just wanted to let you to know to think twice before buying prints from these folks.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
dave3412
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:56 am

blog wrote:
Long time no post. Just here to say Nautilus and the Durieux family have awful customer service and you should think twice before buying anything from them.

Bought Halloween from them on the drop. Late last week got an email from Thomas saying they got the tube returned by USPS.
Thomas asked for me to pay for shipping again. I gave them my correct address, USPS made no delivery attempt for some unspecified reason. I can only assume Nautilus goofed up the label or customs docs somehow.

I declined to pay another international shipping charge for someone else's screwup and Thomas refunded me for the print only and not the additional 32 euros for the shipping that i paid for.

Not a huge amount of money to be sure, but just wanted to let you to know to think twice before buying prints from these folks.
Good thing thing you posted your issue here. If had shared in the LD Facebook Group, the piling on would be epic. I have never seen such a vitriolic group.
blog
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:19 am

dave3412 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:56 am
blog wrote:

Good thing thing you posted your issue here. If had shared in the LD Facebook Group, the piling on would be epic. I have never seen such a vitriolic group.
I did post in there, and you are correct. "uhh actually their customer service is good" :lol:
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:07 am

looks like this is the one that went up for sale today
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:32 am

It is, yeah.

Kind of stinks to be asked to pay 32 Euro again when you've done nothing wrong. Then to also only be refunded the print cost and not the original shipping charge.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:41 pm

Pretty bush league and petty to not refund the shipping cost. I remember them making a big stink about not being responsible for loss or damage in transit, and if you want coverage you need to purchase insurance separately. My CC is my insurance, thank you, it's on the seller to deliver the goods.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 pm

I stopped following most artists on FB, except for a handful-gig poster artists. I despise the groupie atmosphere over there. Same fudge in bag making groups.