Laurent Durieux - Appreciation & Discussion

General art-related discussion.
dasher12
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

If anybody who wants to sell me one I'm ISO. Don't have a facebook otherwise I would have helped contribute :)
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Rainbolt wrote:I am a part of this commission.

I don't think it was uncool in contacting the artist to do a print for a group of folks who dig his work. I think the best part was how Into it Laurent was about doing this and the process from start to finish.

As far as multiple prints, There was a set amount of money needed so some people offered to grab few extra to make that quota. As far as this being for Fans only thing that's Hogwash and a pretty damn silly thing to say. Its a Facebook group for Pete's sake. If you are part of Facebook you could be in the group at any time.

I am almost 110% sure there will be people offering a few prints up for the masses, but its really going to be up to them. I personally only could afford 2. I am having 1 aged and I am sending one to my daughter Who lives in Japan.

I apologize if this offends anyone, it is, nor ever was my intention, I am just trying to reiterate whats has been said already in hopes more people will understand.
I think this is a great idea and well executed so far. Only thing I would do is include me :p

Congrats to all the member and if anyone has an extra for a fan, i would love one :clap:
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 pm

dasher12 wrote:If anybody who wants to sell me one I'm ISO. Don't have a facebook otherwise I would have helped contribute :)
I put it in my ISO and was already offered one...for Ken Taylor's Halloween.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Kramerica wrote:
dasher12 wrote:If anybody who wants to sell me one I'm ISO. Don't have a facebook otherwise I would have helped contribute :)
I put it in my ISO and was already offered one...for Ken Taylor's Halloween.
LMAO! Post the name of the guy!
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah please post his name, that's hilarious.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Rainbolt wrote:I am a part of this commission.

I don't think it was uncool in contacting the artist to do a print for a group of folks who dig his work. I think the best part was how Into it Laurent was about doing this and the process from start to finish.

As far as multiple prints, There was a set amount of money needed so some people offered to grab few extra to make that quota. As far as this being for Fans only thing that's Hogwash and a pretty damn silly thing to say. Its a Facebook group for Pete's sake. If you are part of Facebook you could be in the group at any time.

I am almost 110% sure there will be people offering a few prints up for the masses, but its really going to be up to them. I personally only could afford 2. I am having 1 aged and I am sending one to my daughter Who lives in Japan.

I apologize if this offends anyone, it is, nor ever was my intention, I am just trying to reiterate whats has been said already in hopes more people will understand.
:clap:
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 pm

If anyone who was a part of the commission is looking to hook someone up who has been a fan of Laurent's since his Snoopy poster last year...

I'm right over here.

Beautiful image. I'm friends with Laurent on FB and was watching this piece progress, without having any idea what it was for.

:clap:
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I think I can get you one for about $500...maybe a little less if he doesn't have to ship it!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Ha! Argh.

Yeah, let me guess at who "he" is.....
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm

middayshadows wrote:Ha! Argh.

Yeah, let me guess at who "he" is.....
Whoops...meant she ;)
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Yup, exactly...
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm

middayshadows wrote:If anyone who was a part of the commission is looking to hook someone up who has been a fan of Laurent's since his Snoopy poster last year...
I'm right over here.
Beautiful image. I'm friends with Laurent on FB and was watching this piece progress, without having any idea what it was for.
Update: a very kind generous member (a different member, MMJ) has offered to hook me up at cost - I'm really stoked to be getting this fine piece of artwork!

Some good eb karma floating around today, I'm grateful! :clap:
time
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 pm

middayshadows wrote:
middayshadows wrote:If anyone who was a part of the commission is looking to hook someone up who has been a fan of Laurent's since his Snoopy poster last year...
I'm right over here.
Update: a very kind generous member (a different member, MMJ) has offered to hook me up at cost - I'm really stoked to be getting this fine piece of artwork!

Some good eb karma floating around today, I'm grateful! :clap:
Congrats!! Then I guess it doesn't hurt for me to ask :notworthy: if anyone else might have one (or an extra) to sell to another Durieux fan as well :drool:
jb518
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Agreed. Doesn't hurt to ask, so I'll toss a request out there as well. I've been collecting Durieux's work since Iron Giant and would love to add this to my collection.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:45 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman.