Laurent Durieux - Appreciation & Discussion

General art-related discussion.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:21 pm

if u have a bank account, cell phone, any loan or credit card they got your info, the fact is if you are online they got your info - social media sites and FB groups ain't the reason
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Information being "online" and being actively tracked while continuing to freely contribute information about your personal life/relationships are two entirely differently things. If y'all don't get that that's cool too. Everyone's got a credit report... That ain't what I'm talking about. Ps freeze that fudge at all three of the places that track it, and use two factor authentication via device or app on your main email. Then you just have to worry about a sim swap, call your cell phone provider to put measures in place to make that difficult. If you use the authenticator app and don't login to Google with it (and have another device or two that has it installed) then you don't have to worry about that as much, assuming you're not using sms 2 factor, which you shouldn't. If you don't recognize the security risk that Facebook is... Well looks like you need to get informed
meskell
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:33 pm

My gram grams and papas have passed.
Is it safe?
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 pm

i guess i have a hard time imagining what all those layers of protection is securing for you? anonymity? if it makes you feel more safe than thats nice. not trying to belittle that.

but like....tracking?

security risk to what exactly? the country? free speech? some random person gonna kidnap you? i know this sounds glib. but kinda curious.

again, im not like, trying to make a big case for fb. i guess its like, if you use any amount of tech, your info is just as gettable.

like who is the 'they' you are afraid of in these scenarios is what im curious about.

also just having a hard time imagining whom in the world is going 'DAMN IF THAT ONE GUY ON EB JUST JOINED FACEBOOK I COULD FINALLY...UHH....TARGET HIM SOME ADS FOR CAT LITTER, BUT HE'S TOO CRAFTY FOR US'

[now im keeping it going]
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:12 pm

Anonimity? No. Did you read what happened to Joe? 1:1 relationship with Facebook. The line of inquiry and objections you guys are throwing at me just shows, again, that you're not informed of the risks. If you don't want to be informed that's your choice. Ten years from now we'll all be shaking our heads at what we considered acceptable in the past. The paradigm shift is looming baby, it's gonna come hard and fast.

Pps freeze your kid's credit reports too
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:49 pm

meskell wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:33 pm
My gram grams and papas have passed.
Is it safe?

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:38 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:12 pm
Anonimity? No. Did you read what happened to Joe? 1:1 relationship with Facebook. The line of inquiry and objections you guys are throwing at me just shows, again, that you're not informed of the risks. If you don't want to be informed that's your choice. Ten years from now we'll all be shaking our heads at what we considered acceptable in the past. The paradigm shift is looming baby, it's gonna come hard and fast.

Pps freeze your kid's credit reports too
yeah joe's grandma got scammed by a phonecall. that happened to my grandma. sucks to be frustrated by that but isn't something new. people scamming old people and the gullible since mail was invented.

i was asking because i honestly can't parse out what you are actually concerned with. and was asking to be more informed.

but thanks with doing a typical 'do your own research' response. i actually was asking to understand your frustrations further. never said you were wrong.

good luck.
plaink
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:46 pm

At least we have the blockchain.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:32 pm

Paul, with all due respect, no one finds out you're going on an out of country trip on specific days and then uses that information to target your family members for a scam knowing you're not in a position to circumvent their plans from lexis nexis or a credit bureau... They find out from where? Where do you think? Could it beeeeee social media? Pretend I'm Dana Carvey's church lady when you read that.

It's not a matter of "doing your own research" and there's nothing vague about the security concerns or the types of data you willingly give up that I've outlined by being an active Facebook user.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:45 pm

you told me to 'get informed'. and when i asked you about the security threats you were referring to, you just referred to an elderly person believing a phishing scammer. someone who probably doesn't have any social media, and was targeted for their gullibility to a scam of that nature. fraud attempts exist in all forms of mass communication. its certainly wild that they used social media data to embellish that lie.

honestly at this point you are misreading my tone. if you dont wanna be on a social media platform, really could not care less, really is a great decision for anyone to not be on social media. i was curious as to what threat you feel the multi layers of security is protecting you from, and if it makes you feel safer, and i didn't realize that scammers and fraud were your biggest concerns. i thought it was some govt agency or something else.

am entirely spent on the subject. good luck to ya.

anyways.

i like the halloween poster.

i went to the the actual house at dusk one time and as i was taking my picture the lights got turned off inside and i for a split second thought michael meyers was gonna walk out. he didn't thankfully.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:02 pm

Haha yes definitely the NSA 😂 I'm glad to hear you're picking up what I'm putting down, appreciate the conversation, truly. I should have reworded the reply before the last one a little differently. It's really a combination of both, not wanting to share *that* kind of data in trade for a service and the additional vector for fraud and scams. You're talking to the guy that tried for a few months in the early aughts to get Verizon to give me the location data from my cell phone so I could reference it to see where I went on a given day. I figured it the police had access to it with a warrant, why couldn't I, the paying customer that generated the data, have access to it myself? I've been thinking about these kinds of things for a long time.

Re: Halloween - Maybe some day veteran print connoisseur swabie will be back and tell everyone his Debra hill story, I know I enjoyed it but it's not mine to tell
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:40 pm

When the site finally started working after 10 mins the slowest person in the world could have checked out with both editions. I didnt learn from last oversea purchase my bank blocked. I didnt have paypal card activated. Grats who scored.

I asked the bank if they could white list Nautilus and they said its all algorithm. And they dont use a blacklist, just the algorithm uses it :)
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:48 pm

Don’t buy a lot these days. +1 Reg

Also, all the FB topic posts. tl;dr.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:08 pm

Looked over at 2pm and saw this :lol:

You know a site is going to crash when you have even Arseny going for one...

kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:46 pm

That's gold!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq