Laurent Durieux - Appreciation & Discussion

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
pisker
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:19 am

DonPiano wrote:
xenmate wrote:Image
Do we know what this is for?
Joutney to the Center of the Earth
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
User avatar
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: OH-IO

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:26 am

Totally Stoked about getting "The Day The Earth Stood Still" this week!!! Got the Birds Reg last week as my first LD print and even though it's not a high profile piece I like the mans style. I'll be in the market for his Mummy print in a few months and might add Iron Giant and Oz to the collect as well. I seriously think that the best artist for movie posters would have to be Horkey and Durieux. The attention to detail is amazing, the styles unique and mastered in their field.

Anyways...drinking a few beers rambling on about a few freaking awesome posters!!!
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 pm

I received my Variant Vertigo today and it looks even better than I had hoped. I missed out on the reg on the online drop, but chose to go after the variant on the aftermarket because I got kind of obsessed with the color combination in the title/credit block. Love it.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Image

Another teaser...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm

:drool: :drool:
wneff
Art Expert
Posts: 4915
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 pm

consider me teased
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 pm

I am fully aroused.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
triangle
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 am

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Is there any word on when and where to expect the Journey print? :drool:
User avatar
deestar
Art Expert
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 am
Location: Manchester United Kingdom

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:42 pm

triangle wrote:Is there any word on when and where to expect the Journey print? :drool:
No idea but Don't Stop Believing. :P
User avatar
RyanMarvin
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:24 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Put it together

Image
redrooster1138
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:54 am

Check out his Peter and Wendy. Pictures online do not do the colors justice. It is definitely my favorite of the LD prints I own.
Lockersocks wrote:Totally Stoked about getting "The Day The Earth Stood Still" this week!!! Got the Birds Reg last week as my first LD print and even though it's not a high profile piece I like the mans style. I'll be in the market for his Mummy print in a few months and might add Iron Giant and Oz to the collect as well. I seriously think that the best artist for movie posters would have to be Horkey and Durieux. The attention to detail is amazing, the styles unique and mastered in their field.

Anyways...drinking a few beers rambling on about a few freaking awesome posters!!!
User avatar
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: OH-IO

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 am

redrooster1138 wrote:Check out his Peter and Wendy. Pictures online do not do the colors justice. It is definitely my favorite of the LD prints I own.
I actually like that one alot.....was thinking of picking one up for my office/study. Really does hit a spot in the imagination. I got the RW and Earth print late last week and the prints are really nice. I might not hang RW for some time but I'm planning on getting the DTESS print framed pretty quick! Got to love sci fi posters!
Last edited by Lockersocks on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jjdungca
Art Expert
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:19 am

Peter and Wendy is a great print! I have one hung in my youngest son's room in a white frame.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
xenmate
Art Expert
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Image
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:21 am

:drool:

I initially thought that was water... :oops:
Post Reply