Kilian Eng thread

General art-related discussion.
summoner
Art Freak

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 am

grandmoffgomez wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, we have a commission group.

Got a handful of responses when I tossed the idea out of starting a group and commissioning Mr. Eng to do a piece for us. Heard back from him and of the list of projects I sent him, he said he'd be most interested in the Dark Crystal.

If you're interested in joining the commission group I set up, head to the FB page I created. https://www.facebook.com/groups/663868413730444

I have a problem with the concept of closed groups for the sake of keeping an edition run low for collectibility. I don't like the idea of keeping people who want these pieces out in the cold just so I can have a lower edition number on my print, ESPECIALLY since it will look just as badass hanging on my wall regardless if there were 10 of them made or 10,000.

This means that if you want in, then you're in. That simple.

Waiting to hear back from Mr. Eng right now on costs and timeframe. I'll post all info on the FB Group Page as I get it. Once I get his costs and how and when he wants payments, then we'll set up group rules for us on how we'll operate going forward.

Feel free to contact me through FB with any questions.

Cheers, mates.

-Mike
Eng Dark Crystal... I'm in!
Image Image Image
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 am

I'm in too. I'd like to see some more fantasy inspired work from Eng.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:40 am

Wtf is this dark crystal fudge and why aren't there any Solaris prints.

dylanosaur
Art Expert

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 am

Neverending story > Dark Crystal.
farhad7
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:01 pm

props on getting the group together, mike. unfortunately i am very much not a dark crystal fan so i'll sit this one out but i'm very happy to see eng working on an "open" commission as you so nicely put it.

best of luck - given eng's previous work i'm sure it'll turn out fantastic :pint:
shidarin
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:25 am

Took some detail shots of Eng's The Fifth Element today to test out a new color workflow, which I'm happy to say was very successful in reproducing accurate colors (at least, until imgur worked their magic).

ctankep
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:50 am

^ nice!!

Count me in for The Dark Crystal. There's no doubt Kilian world crush the atmosphere of it, and the color scheme involves a bunch of yellows, golds, reds and pinks which could really pop.
degalb17
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:40 pm

I would be in for Solaris.

In other words +1 for Solaris.
:)
grandmoffgomez
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey all,

Looks like we're almost officially a go for Dark Crystal.

Sorry Solaris, fans.

If you haven't already, join my commission group's facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/663868413730444/

Got costs from Mr. Eng and from Seizure Palace for screenprinting. Will be getting additional quotes from other shops, but for now, here's the cost if you're interested:

Edition size of 50: $135, shipping included

Edition size of 75: $100, shipping included

Edition size of 100: $90, shipping included

Print would be an 8 color screenprint on 100 pound paper.

These shipping costs are based on my own estimates and include cost of shipping from screenprinting shop to me, forwarding prints to buyers, shipping supplies (tubes, kraft paper), and the hours it will take to package them all up. Though this final cost may change, I can't imagine it would be more than $5 more or less that what I have listed above.

Once I can tally up how many are definitely in, I can determine what the final price would be. At that time, I would need half the cost up front via paypal, then the other half before shipping. Mr. Eng told me he would need until the last quarter of 2015 to complete it, so you'd have a while to come up with the other half.

Now with some idea of costs, please let me know if you're in. Do this by sending me a message with your name and quantity of prints wanted on FB or here on EB. I will then reply back to you telling you you're on the list. If you don't get a reply, please send a follow up in case I missed the first message. I figure I'll give it a week or two, then the final tally will tell us what edition size we'll have which will make the final determination on cost per piece.

Sound good?
shidarin
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Starship Troopers time.

mikeab

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Those on a budget wont thank me but a batch of new designs have been added to Killian's Inprnt store page. Free worldwide shipping until Dec 1st (not sure if that is including the 1st or as far as..sorry). Apparently available until the 8th.
This has been a wild month or so for purchases but a couple of must buys from the new additions I feel...

http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/dwdsgn/

Anybody out there have an update on the Object 5 reprint?
mikeab

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Update .. thats free shipping including today.. just picked up Koloss and monkey outpost...!! :D Worth heeping an eye on the Intprnt page - its been refreshed a few times in the last year or so!
WhirlWindBoy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm digging Mr. Eng's style, i'm a bit late, but his style has really grown on me and i love how he's doing alot of sci-fi films. Just searched and read this whole thread lol.

Some ideas i'd love to see him do!

The Thing (i'd love his take, i don't care how many are already out there)
Aliens
Sphere
Event Horizon
Sunshine
Interstellar
Independence Day
Close Encounters
Europa Report
District 9
Signs
Last edited by WhirlWindBoy on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:34 pm

WhirlWindBoy wrote:The Thing (i'd love his take, i don't care how many are already out there)
THIS. NEEDS. TO. HAPPEN. :drool: :drool:
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:22 pm

How are the quality of those inprnt kilian prints? Are they very vibrant and high quality? Still don't have a kilian print on the wall even though he is one of my fav artists