New Invader prints

General art-related discussion.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 am

Vrresto wrote:I'm not familiar with his "avatars..." maybe you're referring to the "Alias" series that follows each city-invasion? Invader creates two of each tiled-street-art piece, one to be put up in public, the other to be floated in perspex and sold. I added an Alias from the Invasion of NY to my collection last year... not to knock the very-different qualities of the rubik Eat Me #2, but the Alias that sits on my bookshelf is one of the sweetest things on the block over here (just under the wife and kids)...

right near the Mr. Brainwash Show....

sick pieces btw
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 am

Vrresto wrote:I'm not familiar with his "avatars..." maybe you're referring to the "Alias" series that follows each city-invasion? Invader creates two of each tiled-street-art piece, one to be put up in public, the other to be floated in perspex and sold. I added an Alias from the Invasion of NY to my collection last year... not to knock the very-different qualities of the rubik Eat Me #2, but the Alias that sits on my bookshelf is one of the sweetest things on the block over here (just under the wife and kids)...
Great piece. What does it say in the bottom left of the pic?
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

nimsu8 wrote:
Great piece. What does it say in the bottom left of the pic?
Every Space Invader put up in the street can be reproduced as an Alias.
An Alias is made of the replica of the original Space Invader preserved in a transparent block of resin and an ID card. There is only one Alias per Space Invader.
That's my favorite Alias from Top IO. Nice Score!! :notworthy:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Once again cool posts and great info that I did not know.

Those are two amazing pieces. I still would like to have one of the metallic prints recently released through POW but was too late.

If you have more pieces, feel free to share.
T.K.C.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 pm

are the Alias pieces grouted?
Vrresto
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:55 am

The Alias is not grouted... the pieces are fit together perfectly along their edges and floated in the perspex.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am

just amazing! thanks for sharing. :clap:
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 am

mattlew69 wrote:just amazing! thanks for sharing. :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Vrresto
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:37 pm

This is the last of my Invader originals to share with the board... #33 of 50, but as each was a completely different design, I always thought these should have been 1/1's... 540 tiles applied to a signed/#'d hardcover of the Invasion Of The UK book, encased in a perspex box that can be wall-hung (although I have been afraid to, as it is quite heavy and I would hate for this to drop). I'm after one of the similarly-tiled versions of each of his other Invasion books as well... this one I picked up off of eBay for about 2/3 of the original purchase-price, I doubt that I'll be as lucky with either of the other two when the opportunity comes along.
Staunchy
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 am

Vrresto wrote:This is the last of my Invader originals to share with the board... #33 of 50, but as each was a completely different design, I always thought these should have been 1/1's... 540 tiles applied to a signed/#'d hardcover of the Invasion Of The UK book, encased in a perspex box that can be wall-hung (although I have been afraid to, as it is quite heavy and I would hate for this to drop). I'm after one of the similarly-tiled versions of each of his other Invasion books as well... this one I picked up off of eBay for about 2/3 of the original purchase-price, I doubt that I'll be as lucky with either of the other two when the opportunity comes along.

very cool. Can i get some more detailed pics on your other pieces?

thanks for sharing!
i and i
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 am

old news, but new invader prints up at POW!!!

http://www.picturesonwalls.com/Art_Arti ... 0&PageNo=1
Last edited by mattlew69 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:40 am

Scored a home moon after an hour of refreshing!!!! :clap:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:55 am

finally scored a home neptune

i might try for a mars also

anybody else score today?
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 am

I have a feeling these are probably gone.......they just popped up like 15 neptunes at once.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:03 am

+1 Home Earth