Is My Print Collection Worthless?

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9902
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Nashville
Contact:

Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:46 pm

I just found out what Hawk Tuah was. The internet seems to be losing its edge.

Also, I’ll bid $3.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 56105
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:34 am

Sweet FS thread.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:14 am

I got about 3 fitty.
User avatar
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:24 pm

southerngarden wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:14 am
I got about 3 fitty.
I got 5 on it :ziggi:
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Expert
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:20 pm

tranito wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 am
AdrinBig wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:07 am
Hey guys, chill with the talk about my wife! :D Anyway, I'm happy to have my cake and eat it too. I'll keep my first wife and actually get a second one who loves my collection more. :pint:

Now, does anyone want to take a stab at giving my prints a $$$ value?
I mean, a lot of these (Mu Pan, Chevrier, Fairey, Whatson, Phlegm..) have a decent enough sale history that you should have a pretty good idea of how much you could get selling them looking at the recorded sales, though you might want to take a good 25% off for a more realistic estimate as the market is anything, but hot. For the rest, it's true, some you could probably sell for cost, some others you would never be able to resell at a price that would make sense for you doing so.
Yeah, this^^^ .... you don't have a massive collection where there is a huge +- range for sales. If you took your time, and sold each one that is worth selling, you'd end up with a small profit and a handful of prints not worth selling. Go do some eBeans and eBay research and you can find out a "worth" pretty easily.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
DreamingTree
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Two bucks
KipPotapych
Art Expert
Posts: 1066
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:26 am

Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Image
KipPotapych
Art Expert
Posts: 1066
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:26 am

Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:11 am

To be fair, my wife thinks my collection is worthless, I spend too much money on this fudge, and half of the stuff on the walls she doesn’t even like. That’s what she says anyway. Especially when I ask why she bought something completely useless. Usually starts with “At least I don’t…”
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 11063
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:04 am

How much for the wife? Pics?
Image
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:33 am

KipPotapych wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:11 am
To be fair, my wife thinks my collection is worthless, I spend too much money on this fudge, and half of the stuff on the walls she doesn’t even like. That’s what she says anyway. Especially when I ask why she bought something completely useless. Usually starts with “At least I don’t…”
This doesn't seem like a complicated situation to me. Stop collecting posters. Whatever posters you sell, give her the money. Change the wall art to things you and your wife agree on and enjoy. Stop criticizing your wife for buying useless stuff. When you stop buying what she considers useless, that will speak much more loudly than any verbal criticism from you. Seriously, how are fancy, expensive pieces of paper something to divide your marriage over?
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Expert
Posts: 2699
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:49 am

ethnosax wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:33 am
KipPotapych wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:11 am
To be fair, my wife thinks my collection is worthless, I spend too much money on this fudge, and half of the stuff on the walls she doesn’t even like. That’s what she says anyway. Especially when I ask why she bought something completely useless. Usually starts with “At least I don’t…”
This doesn't seem like a complicated situation to me. Stop collecting posters. Whatever posters you sell, give her the money. Change the wall art to things you and your wife agree on and enjoy. Stop criticizing your wife for buying useless stuff. When you stop buying what she considers useless, that will speak much more loudly than any verbal criticism from you. Seriously, how are fancy, expensive pieces of paper something to divide your marriage over?
😂 Wow
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 12846
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:13 am

nothing complicated there at all :lol:
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:29 am

ethnosax wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:33 am
KipPotapych wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:11 am
To be fair, my wife thinks my collection is worthless, I spend too much money on this fudge, and half of the stuff on the walls she doesn’t even like. That’s what she says anyway. Especially when I ask why she bought something completely useless. Usually starts with “At least I don’t…”
This doesn't seem like a complicated situation to me. Stop collecting posters. Whatever posters you sell, give her the money. Change the wall art to things you and your wife agree on and enjoy. Stop criticizing your wife for buying useless stuff. When you stop buying what she considers useless, that will speak much more loudly than any verbal criticism from you. Seriously, how are fancy, expensive pieces of paper something to divide your marriage over?
SIIIIIIMP!
User avatar
maddog76
Flipper
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:17 pm

AdrinBig wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:30 pm
Catarax wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:47 pm
if you dont take it serious it could be worth zilch, do you have a portfolio or flatfile to store your art. how do you ship your art. basically how well do you take care of it over a long period of time. if you’re not good at conservation reselling will cost you.
I do take care of my collection. I have two Baroque portfolios of different sizes and some prints on the wall with very expensive museum-quality glass. Still, my wife has made me doubt that prints will hold their value over the long run if you don't have the right contacts to sell them.
What do you think?
"The right contacts" = ebay dude. I feel like you're trolling.
User avatar
maddog76
Flipper
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:18 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:03 pm
AdrinBig wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:56 am
Hello fellow characters

Now, my wife thinks my collection is worth zilch and that I'd get nothing back if I tried to sell it.
get that in writing for the divorce
This is the correct answer.
Post Reply