WTF is Crypto Art?

General art-related discussion.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:16 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:29 am
If you own one of each pass you’ll have an opportunity to burn them into one, almighty Voltron pass that has moar perks. Glad I picked up my extras when they were still cheap!
Yeah regretting not grabbing the other 2 passes when they were around $500 each.

I was hoping they might go down after the drop and hype succeeded.....but it seems this project is getting more and more attention and more and more ppl want in.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:17 pm

when do we start selling energy booster shakes and tight fitting spandex?
derivitive
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:35 pm

acidburn wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:50 pm
derivitive wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:51 pm
earlgreytoast wrote:
If you own one of each pass you’ll have an opportunity to burn them into one, almighty Voltron pass that has moar perks. Glad I picked up my extras when they were still cheap!
This sounds more and more like MLM the more I read about it.
It is. We are super rich now off our free NFT. Im done with Bottleneck.

You're funny. You're on a poster forum and yet all you talk about is your hate for NFTs. We get it.

And going back to this comment:
Is it an edition of 10,000 with various attributes and rarities?
And if it was? Would you be ok?
You missed my love of Shepard Fairey and Miss Bugs. I'm also a huge fan of the Bottleneck comic covers that are screenprinted, but I can't go down that path with purchases. I think some of those will be goldmines once the comic collecting crowd is over hanging graded comics on their walls and wants to move to actual art.

The 10k comment was based on what all the low effort generative algo projects are doing. I could see potential for training Ml algos for specific projects that create art that only exists in digital format and isn't based on what a human can create in the physical world. Like this for example: https://creator.nightcafe.studio/creati ... ILbSWcmPBo
With that being said, I don't buy into rarities that are written into the parameters of an algo to create artificial scarcity or NFTs becoming membership cards that are sold to the highest bidder.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:05 pm

derivitive wrote:
acidburn wrote:
derivitive wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:

You're funny. You're on a poster forum and yet all you talk about is your hate for NFTs. We get it.

You missed my love of Shepard Fairey and Miss Bugs. I'm also a huge fan of the Bottleneck comic covers that are screenprinted, but I can't go down that path with purchases. I think some of those will be goldmines once the comic collecting crowd is over hanging graded comics on their walls and wants to move to actual art.

The 10k comment was based on what all the low effort generative algo projects are doing. I could see potential for training Ml algos for specific projects that create art that only exists in digital format and isn't based on what a human can create in the physical world. Like this for example: https://creator.nightcafe.studio/creati ... ILbSWcmPBo
With that being said, I don't buy into rarities that are written into the parameters of an algo to create artificial scarcity or NFTs becoming membership cards that are sold to the highest bidder.
passes were free actually. all you had to do was show up. you many not believe in scarcity but the rest of the world does. comic cover variants. poster variants. special baseball cards. i don't think you really get it. i can tell you the 65 people that minted those r7s we made the happiest individuals. for free. if it paid for someone semester a college, then drymount yeah. yes you can buy in as well, but many just got lucky and decided to stick around.

all those ML algos that artist use are bullshit btw. they just download models, don't kid yourself. let me know when you got some cool generative art to show off since its soo easy to do. i'm sure you are a master at gl and can whip up SDF renders in no time. please do show us your stuff.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:38 pm

papaver wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:05 pm
derivitive wrote:
acidburn wrote:
derivitive wrote:

passes were free actually. all you had to do was show up. you many not believe in scarcity but the rest of the world does. comic cover variants. poster variants. special baseball cards. i don't think you really get it. i can tell you the 65 people that minted those r7s we made the happiest individuals. for free. if it paid for someone semester a college, then drymount yeah. yes you can buy in as well, but many just got lucky and decided to stick around.

all those ML algos that artist use are bullshit btw. they just download models, don't kid yourself. let me know when you got some cool generative art to show off since its soo easy to do. i'm sure you are a master at gl and can whip up SDF renders in no time. please do show us your stuff.
:popcorn:
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:57 pm

https://twitter.com/Zaptio/status/14541 ... 68713?s=20

Takashi x RTFKT

This will prob end up being what Meka wanted to be.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:45 pm

No drop info huh?
mmmm Beer :pint:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:48 am

Kdh12 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:45 pm
No drop info huh?
Think they originally said November but head to their Discord. They have all these different ways to get a presale if i remember correctly. Its going to be expensive though.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:27 am

I’m cheap
mmmm Beer :pint:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:42 pm

Whelpt, ended up splurging for a full genesis set of the Pixel Vault tokens for PUNKS Comic / MetaHero (Comic #1, Founder's DAO token, MintPass #1, and a Metahero).

All set for the snapshot for the airdrop of planet DAO tokens and sidekick MintPasses. Free money so why not roll a bunch of ETH into it.
fredo
Art God

Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:16 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Whelpt, ended up splurging for a full genesis set of the Pixel Vault tokens for PUNKS Comic / MetaHero (Comic #1, Founder's DAO token, MintPass #1, and a Metahero).

All set for the snapshot for the airdrop of planet DAO tokens and sidekick MintPasses. Free money so why not roll a bunch of ETH into it.
Did you ever in a million years think that you’d write a post like this? The word to data ratio appears to be <1.

Props to y’all for staying on top of it.
just a foil for me today, thanks
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am

Quentin at nftnyc. Uncut pulp scenes as nfts
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:06 am

acidburn wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 am
Quentin at nftnyc. Uncut pulp scenes as nfts
What a world.
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:13 am

fredo wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:16 pm
63schoeffling wrote:

Did you ever in a million years think that you’d write a post like this? The word to data ratio appears to be <1.

Props to y’all for staying on top of it.
I understood like 50% of what that dude said! LOL. I am so 10 months ago!
maddog76
Flipper

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:18 am

Did anyone ever answer the thread title?

I can. Money laundering. Crypto Art is money laundering.