Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:05 pm

I bet that guy just above the bat symbol never imagined he'd be featured so prominently on a Dark Knight poster.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 14137
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Credit blocks on those aluminum prints are outta control.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4742
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 am

Kramerica wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Credit blocks on those aluminum prints are outta control.
It looks like that on the lenticular video also, so not just the aluminum. I'm not sure why they'd change it to cover 1/3 of the piece.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 10361
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:38 am

KSUvet wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 am
Kramerica wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Credit blocks on those aluminum prints are outta control.
It looks like that on the lenticular video also, so not just the aluminum. I'm not sure why they'd change it to cover 1/3 of the piece.
It has to be larger because you can't read it on a lenticular. Fonts have to be bigger and yea overall its a giant credit block.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:03 am

acidburn wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:38 am
It has to be larger because you can't read it on a lenticular. Fonts have to be bigger and yea overall its a giant credit block.
Maybe easier in this case to list the actors who weren't in these movies?
User avatar
mattkardish
Art Expert
Posts: 3880
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paddy's Pub

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 am

having flashbacks to 'when the lights go out' exhibits for some reason today. wild to think about how far BNG has come since then with these release lineups from NYCC. great to see. incredible growth!
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 10361
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am

mattkardish wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 am
having flashbacks to 'when the lights go out' exhibits for some reason today. wild to think about how far BNG has come since then with these release lineups from NYCC. great to see. incredible growth!
Still have nightmares from that show. Lots of angry faces waiting for prints. We had the turn off light/glow part down but didn't realize that we still needed light in the backroom to see where prints were. Delayed us alot.
Maybe easier in this case to list the actors who weren't in these movies?
Would just be another 50%. Would be the same.

Also, I promise in person it looks great. The Jpeg makes it look more bunched up.
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4742
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 am

acidburn wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:38 am
KSUvet wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 am
Kramerica wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Credit blocks on those aluminum prints are outta control.
It looks like that on the lenticular video also, so not just the aluminum. I'm not sure why they'd change it to cover 1/3 of the piece.
It has to be larger because you can't read it on a lenticular. Fonts have to be bigger and yea overall its a giant credit block.
Ah, I wondered if it wasn't something like that or a rights thing. Thanks for answering!
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
Nothing
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:07 pm

Sweet Infinity War print. I always wanted one very similar to that. I guess the $175 price tag scared away all the flippers.
User avatar
bert
Art Expert
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi Joe - do you think you'll release the Olivera Endgame/Infinity War on paper one day? I won't hold you to your answer! Just curious. Thanks
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 10361
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 pm

bert wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm
Hi Joe - do you think you'll release the Olivera Endgame/Infinity War on paper one day? I won't hold you to your answer! Just curious. Thanks
No just this im sorry
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 25235
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Image
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by Juan Burgos
Fine art giclee
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered timed edition
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints
sold through Saturday, October 16th @ 11:59AM ET
$60
Estimated to ship in 6 - 8 weeks

Image
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Variant by Juan Burgos
Fine art giclee
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 200
$70
Estimated to ship in 6 - 8 weeks

Image
Zack Snyder's Justice League by Jake Kontou
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 225
$50

Image
Zack Snyder's Justice League - Variant by Jake Kontou
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$60

Image
Grogu Bounty by Bruce Yan
1mm PET Lenticular
11 x 14 inches
Timed edition
Hand-numbered COA with BNG hologram of authenticity
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold
through Sunday, October 17th @ 11:59PM ET
$65
Estimated to ship in 4 - 6 weeks

Image
Spider-Man #1 - Platinum Variant by Todd McFarlane
Screen print with metallic inks
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$50

Image
Spider-Man #1 - Aluminum Print by Todd McFarlane
2mm aluminum panel
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered COA with BNG hologram of authenticity
Limited edition of 175
$100
Estimated to ship in December

Image
Veggie Construction by Jim Pollock
5 color linocut
12 x 18 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 250
$150

Image
Trey Anastasio Band - Radio City Music Hall - Red Edition by Jim Pollock
Screen print
14 x 24 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 100
$50
AVAILABLE VIA LOTTERY ONLY!

Image
Trey Anastasio Band - Radio City Music Hall - Blue Edition by Jim Pollock
Screen print
14 x 24 inches
Signed and hand-numbered AE of 75
$80
AVAILABLE VIA LOTTERY ONLY!

Image
Pied Pier by Jim Pollock
Screen print
~ 17.25 x 19.25 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 80
$60

Image
Pied Pier - Red Paper Variant by Jim Pollock
Screen print
~ 17.25 x 19.25 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 25
$95
AVAILABLE VIA LOTTERY ONLY!

Image
Pied Pier - Silver Paper Variant by Jim Pollock
Screen print
~ 17.25 x 19.25 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 25
$95
AVAILABLE VIA LOTTERY ONLY!
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9865
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:11 pm

Metal Iron Man or lenticular? Which is better?
Iracles
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:17 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:41 pm

I like the Thanos half better (spoilers in a poster make me like them less), so I will say go with the lenticular.
User avatar
bert
Art Expert
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm

acidburn wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 pm
bert wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm
Hi Joe - do you think you'll release the Olivera Endgame/Infinity War on paper one day? I won't hold you to your answer! Just curious. Thanks
No just this im sorry
Cool, thanks. Think I’ll get the lenticular for my son’s room.
Post Reply