Framed Stuff Part 6

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 pm

FlapJack wrote:Opticblast just a committed multi-poster homicide. Time to put up the police tape and open Part 7.

Well done. :clap:
You crushed it, optic! Thanks for sharing.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
peacedog
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Opticblast wrote:John Baizley Black Tusk Green edition
Excellent color choices and balance... :clap:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey! I just noticed we're past 100 pages on this thread. So, it looks like a mod should lock this sucker down and someone should open a "Framed Stuff Part 7" thread.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
meskell
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Is that the original JP variant? I never noticed the browns from looking at the jpeg. Everything looked like shades of gray/grey. It looks 10X better than I imagined it. Great posts Opticblast.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
peacedog
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Hey! I just noticed we're past 100 pages on this thread. So, it looks like a mod should lock this sucker down and someone should open a "Framed Stuff Part 7" thread.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

:banana:
:ziggi:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fnord
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm

mistersmith wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:HOLY CRAP!
Have not noticed this artist before....
He's in the metal band Baroness, and does lots of work for that and similar bands, so a large portion of his fans found him through music. Since I just saw you in the dubstep giveaway thread I'm guessing you wouldn't like Baroness!
Thanks for the info.
Uh- the only 'dubstep' I'm aware of is from all the 'dubstep' talk when Radiohead released The King Of Limbs.
However, I enjoy all types of music. From Skinny Puppy to Loretta Lynn.
Opticblast
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:

HOLY CRAP!
This is really something. How is the ink texture in person?
Does Baizley print them himself?
Your frame and mat choices are a beautiful combo.
Thanks a lot I just recently found out about his work too, and have been trying to back track some of his older prints. They look really wonderful in person the paper he uses is unusual for prints too, it’s like colored construction paper. that brings out a very cool texture to his prints and because of it you can really make out the ink layers resembling paint on canvas or gauche paints.
FlapJack wrote:Opticblast just a committed multi-poster homicide. Time to put up the police tape and open Part 7.

You’re too kind sir!
Asoli wrote:I love that frame on phantom. I have it on my mike giant Die Young. Did you get it done at Aaron brothers?
Thank you the molding is beautiful and really caught my eye in my search for a Phantom frame. It’s really ornate and suits a lot of prints, my framer actually wanted to use it on the Jurassic Park too. Yeah the Aaron Brothers branch I’ve had the privilege of having access to have really just been amazing to work with. All the people there really love what they do and are just an enthusiastic bunch.
HappaHaoli wrote:

Thanks so much guys!
peacedog wrote:
Thank you very much Corey! That means a lot coming from an ingenious framer such as you. I really love your work, truly an inspiration. Ever since I’ve discovered your frame ups I’ve been following your thread religiously, and can’t wait to see what you will come up with next, really revolutionary stuff! If only you were closer I’d love you to have a look at EVERYTHING! Your most recent Tron frame ups just blew my mind, keep up the amazing work we are not worthy!
Auds1000
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Here are my first attempts at framing. Framing has been something I have wanted to do since I started collecting prints. I did these today and I'm very satisfied how they turned out. Stay tuned for more. My third one is in-work!

Tidwell - Twin Skulls

Andy Chase (local artist)
Opticblast
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 pm

meskell wrote:Is that the original JP variant? I never noticed the browns from looking at the jpeg. Everything looked like shades of gray/grey. It looks 10X better than I imagined it. Great posts Opticblast.
My pleasure happy to share, thank you. It's an original JP Variant. Prints look so much better in person, it's really hard to capture a lot of these from the colors down to the textures and type of paper that's used, there is a great deal of subtly that will be missed through a camera lens, and can change drastically with different lighting. That makes it a great joy to unravel a new print for the first time and discover new surprises every time.
inkedup
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm loving that Tidwell.
bone811
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Opticblast wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:

HOLY CRAP!
This is really something. How is the ink texture in person?
Does Baizley print them himself?
Your frame and mat choices are a beautiful combo.
Thanks a lot I just recently found out about his work too, and have been trying to back track some of his older prints. They look really wonderful in person the paper he uses is unusual for prints too, it’s like colored construction paper. that brings out a very cool texture to his prints and because of it you can really make out the ink layers resembling paint on canvas or gauche paints.

You’re too kind sir!
Asoli wrote:I love that frame on phantom. I have it on my mike giant Die Young. Did you get it done at Aaron brothers?
Thank you the molding is beautiful and really caught my eye in my search for a Phantom frame. It’s really ornate and suits a lot of prints, my framer actually wanted to use it on the Jurassic Park too. Yeah the Aaron Brothers branch I’ve had the privilege of having access to have really just been amazing to work with. All the people there really love what they do and are just an enthusiastic bunch.
HappaHaoli wrote:

Thanks so much guys!
peacedog wrote:

Thank you very much Corey! That means a lot coming from an ingenious framer such as you. I really love your work, truly an inspiration. Ever since I’ve discovered your frame ups I’ve been following your thread religiously, and can’t wait to see what you will come up with next, really revolutionary stuff! If only you were closer I’d love you to have a look at EVERYTHING! Your most recent Tron frame ups just blew my mind, keep up the amazing work we are not worthy!
I've got a Baizley Black Tusk on Orange Fizz Paper edition of 9 I'm looking to sell, have an ISO within my grip.
emac
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Damn, that JP variant is slick! :clap: Just when I thought I'd decided the reg should get the framing treatment, you go and post that beauty and bring back the indecision. :)
pathways
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Opticblast wrote:Image
Jesus drymounting christ these are amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm hopefully taking some Baizley's to the framer next week as well. Those are just fantastic references.
Image Image