Framed by Furthur Frames

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
ratm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:52 pm

scumbugg wrote:
peacedog wrote:
ratm wrote:Corey's work on my Detritus. Thanks to my wife for this wonderful Christmas gift.
Glad you finally posted this! Somehow I neglected to get a picture of that while it was at the shop. Really cool piece. There's a 3/16" lift between the print and the mat that's not revealed in the pics.
id really like to see detail pics of the lift. im thinking the same effect might work well on horkeys agalloch...

I will see if I can get a better picture of it. But Corey is right the lift is really awesome it gives the print so much more depth. It almost makes it seem like it is a collection of detritus that was framed. Like a scientific display of items collected in nature. Pictures don't due it justice. Also the mats are almost the exact colors from the print.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:That Detritus is framed perfectly :drool:
skeller03
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Just found this thread. a lot of those frames are sick. :notworthy: :clap:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 pm

peacedog wrote:
ratm wrote:Corey's work on my Detritus. Thanks to my wife for this wonderful Christmas gift.
Really cool piece. There's a 3/16" lift between the print and the mat that's not revealed in the pics.
If you do say so yourself :P? Seriously, nice stuff on the last page. :clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
peacedog
Art Expert

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 pm

KSUvet wrote:
peacedog wrote:
Really cool piece. There's a 3/16" lift between the print and the mat that's not revealed in the pics.
If you do say so yourself :P? Seriously, nice stuff on the last page. :clap:
I meant the print, but the framing did come together quite nicely. Funny story. We had gone through every brown mat in the shop looking for the right one. Twice actually. Finally settled on one that was" as close as we were going to get". ratm's wife left, and still not entirely satisfied about two minutes later I found a little 3" swatch of chocolate brown heavy linen while looking through a new swatch book I had. I called her up and she turned around and drove back to check it out. Perfect :clap:
Last edited by peacedog on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murdock
Art Expert

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:23 pm

clem99 wrote: Image
IMHO, one of Corey's best frame jobs to date :notworthy:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
thebends9
Art Expert

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

So how do non-Denver folks handle a transaction with Corey? I have this piece which I would love to get framed and Im positive he could make it over the top and truly knock it out of the park.

daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 pm

It was really easy and he was a pleasure to work with. I was initially worried about shipping but he packages exceptionally well. PM me if you want more info, but I have nothing but the highest recommendations, it was super easy.
bighitters
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 pm

This thread needs to be renamed 'The Never-Ending Story' ...
inkedup
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Sylvia Ji "Violet Rose"

KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Another winner!
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Fastpace
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:47 pm

thebends9 wrote:So how do non-Denver folks handle a transaction with Corey? I have this piece which I would love to get framed and Im positive he could make it over the top and truly knock it out of the park.

I initially contacted him on here and then we moved over to email so that he could easily send me pictures. He's been great to work with, and sends nice long emails with a lot of detail and lots of test photos with ideas. I've got a set of prints at his shop right now that I'm really looking forward to seeing and sharing the final product.
bighitters wrote:This thread needs to be renamed 'The Never-Ending Story' ...
or "The Never-Ending Corey" :shock:
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:51 pm

This is one of my favorite threads on EB
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks to my new favorite dude in the world I've finally got this

It's at Furthur right now awaiting royal treatment. I'm bringing this one over on Tuesday to keep the man in the mask company

I've got a feeling these are gonna come out really nice :D
peacedog
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Thanks to my new favorite dude in the world I've finally got this

It's at Furthur right now awaiting royal treatment.
:franticallysearchesforredknithandwrapfabric: