Show us your framed Sperry's!!!

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
mnelson
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Haha Tranito, I had pictured almost the exact same thing for the Reel Big Fish. I normally cringe at the idea of an elaborate gold ornate frame... it's usually just too gaudy for my tastes. But with this poster's illustration, that's the first thing that popped in my head. I think with the right frame, it would look absolutely stunning!

Edit: On a side note (and I know further discussion would belong in another thread), do you have your Brand New poster framed? I'd be hanging that beaut up if I were you!
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Sounds like we're on the same page. I'm sure it would be hard to beat as far as doing the image justice.. it might depend on where you want to hang it though.. That's me if you're pulling it off --> :notworthy:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Brady
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I know some of you guys have been asking for a shot of the WSPs side-by-side on other threads so I figured I'd throw one up. Both are triple-matted (black/silver or gold metallic/black) and have ornate wood frames by Further Frames in Denver. I hung them so they'd be back-to-back...tried it the other way and liked this set-up better. If you guys want more detailed shots let me know. I'll post up some other Sperry's after this.

Last edited by Brady on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brady
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Here's the New Year's 09-10 Mule from Chuck. Corey at Further Frames in Denver really outdid himself on this one...green suede and orange mats, metallic ornate fillet, and a final black mat with an "antique wood frame." Hope you like...

Last edited by Brady on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnelson
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Wow, those framed WSP's look fantastic! I mean really, wow. :clap: I'm still looking for anyone to post pics of a framed Reel Big Fish or Mogwai. SOMEONE's gotta have the RBF custom framed.
heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Brady wrote:Here's the New Year's 09-10 Mule from Chuck. Corey at Further Frames in Denver really outdid himself on this one...green suede and orange mats, metallic ornate fillet, and a final black mat with an "antique wood frame." Hope you like...
Nice job! I'm getting mine and the variant together for framing soon (story of my flat file's life). My favorite color in that print is the ice blue metallic and it's used pretty sparingly in the image. I'm going to see if I can get something close to that in the mat to draw it out of the image a bit more.
jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:33 pm

heather_honey wrote:
Brady wrote:Here's the New Year's 09-10 Mule from Chuck. Corey at Further Frames in Denver really outdid himself on this one...green suede and orange mats, metallic ornate fillet, and a final black mat with an "antique wood frame." Hope you like...
Nice job! I'm getting mine and the variant together for framing soon (story of my flat file's life). My favorite color in that print is the ice blue metallic and it's used pretty sparingly in the image. I'm going to see if I can get something close to that in the mat to draw it out of the image a bit more.

Heres your metallic ice blue mat. Bainbridge has a line of specialty mats called Nature's Gallery Collection and these are Tatami Silks. These pics are bad but they have a perfect metallic shimmer to them. I think the (Harmony Blue 4418) might be close to the color you want...

heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:58 pm

thanks, james! i always appreciate when you pipe in on any framing topics. you know your stuff man! :)
jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Brady- post more of the Panic please. Corey does my framing and I just picked up Myrtle Beach so I want to see some details!
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am

This one had to be quoted here.
fredo wrote:Courtesy of Furthur Frames. Thanks, Corey. And thanks for recommending Corey, other Corey.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 pm

looks great fredo!!! :clap:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Brady
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 pm

I saw this in the shop - not going to lie...I was a little jealous! :wink:

ErocAfellar-
I'll post up more of the WSPs later tonight.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Your set is amazing. You're far behind on the ''to be pitied'' list! :wink:
I'm looking forward to your detailed shots as well.
fredo
Art God

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:42 pm

coleslaw wrote:looks great fredo!!! :clap:
Thanks much!
just a foil for me today, thanks
Brady
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:58 am

Sorry I haven't posted the updated shots -- took them tonight and will upload them tomorrow! I've been busy trying to cram as much golf in as I can before the snowboard gets dropped off for a tuning!