Framed Keyes

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm

bryndavies wrote:drymount it. I'm taking it in this week. Matted or floated? Glass or acrylic?
Matted and acrylic.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm

bryndavies wrote:Keyes fans. Which of the following should I frame? I need a show piece in my house and just sold some stuff to afford framing one of these large ones.

Stampede

Sowers

Lifted 1

Just make the one simple decision - drop all three prints off at the framers in one go because they all deserve to be framed and displayed. :D Definitely use mats.

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 pm

shagdonk wrote:
bryndavies wrote:drymount it. I'm taking it in this week. Matted or floated? Glass or acrylic?
Matted and acrylic.

But what about those pretty deckled edges?
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 pm

duckyhoward wrote:
bryndavies wrote:Keyes fans. Which of the following should I frame? I need a show piece in my house and just sold some stuff to afford framing one of these large ones.

Stampede

Sowers

Lifted 1

Just make the one simple decision - drop all three prints off at the framers in one go because they all deserve to be framed and displayed. :D Definitely use mats.

Damn ducky. I think you're on to something. Now if I could only get my hands on a thunder.
ImageT.K.C.
leary411
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Matted and Acrylic is the way to go IMO for those big guys. I had some damage on my Sowers so the Matte helped hide the issue; which was the reason I did not go with the decked edge show look but now that I look at it everyday, I really like the matte... it kinda builds a pedestal for the white space.
T.K.C.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm

bryndavies wrote:
shagdonk wrote:
Matted and acrylic.

When I had Sowers floated you could see waves in the print because it's so long. It bugged the fudge of me.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 pm

shagdonk wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
shagdonk wrote:
Matted and acrylic.

When I had Sowers floated you could see waves in the print because it's so long. It bugged the fudge of me.

Oh. Good call. So ill mat then for sure. Now, aside from the heaviness and expense, any reason to not do high quality glass?
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 pm

leary411 wrote:Matted and Acrylic is the way to go IMO for those big guys. I had some damage on my Sowers so the Matte helped hide the issue; which was the reason I did not go with the decked edge show look but now that I look at it everyday, I really like the matte... it kinda builds a pedestal for the white space.

This is also compelling. I'm settled on a mat then.

But what color? White?
ImageT.K.C.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:12 pm

bryndavies wrote:
leary411 wrote:Matted and Acrylic is the way to go IMO for those big guys. I had some damage on my Sowers so the Matte helped hide the issue; which was the reason I did not go with the decked edge show look but now that I look at it everyday, I really like the matte... it kinda builds a pedestal for the white space.

This is also compelling. I'm settled on a mat then.

But what color? White?
I live in earthquake country so I usually frame everything that large with uv plexi. Wait until the Framing Devil finished my Stampede of you need color suggestions.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Good call on earth quakes. I actually live in a high earthquake zone too. Didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. Ok. Acrylic it is, with a mat.
ImageT.K.C.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm partial to linen mats.

bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Mmmmm. Those are sexy and add great texture. Never gone with linen or anything really textured before. Might look into it.
ImageT.K.C.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:43 pm

that Sowers is great!
zkreider
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:22 am

I'm so excited to have this one framed. I finished the matting last night.
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:25 pm

MT, I have a bunch to post later!!