Framed Danger

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
angus3102
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:39 pm

thanks jenga. looks nice.

it is so hard to pick which way to go. I like the black matte as it serves as an extension to the frame. pretty neat.
User avatar
GTMaus
Art Expert
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: St. Louis

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm

trilobyte wrote:post some pics of the shuffleboard table when its finished!
Yep sure will. Should be done end of January. The wood for the playing surface is acclimating right now. Very excited to get it done, so I can frame up the DD box set and hang it above it.

Angus, sweet job on the hope to float. That mat compliments the print perfectly. Well done.
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --
User avatar
trilobyte
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Somewhere in the American SW

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm

GTMaus wrote:
trilobyte wrote:post some pics of the shuffleboard table when its finished!
Yep sure will. Should be done end of January. The wood for the playing surface is acclimating right now. Very excited to get it done, so I can frame up the DD box set and hang it above it.
are you building by plans? The only plans i've ever seen is on ebay by one guy...
User avatar
GTMaus
Art Expert
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: St. Louis

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 pm

trilobyte wrote:
GTMaus wrote:
trilobyte wrote:post some pics of the shuffleboard table when its finished!
Yep sure will. Should be done end of January. The wood for the playing surface is acclimating right now. Very excited to get it done, so I can frame up the DD box set and hang it above it.
are you building by plans? The only plans i've ever seen is on ebay by one guy...
No. I actually went to a few stores and thoroughly checked them out. The guy selling plans on eBay is from St. Louis also. I've seen some of his work, very sweet. Here is his site, should be the same guy http://www.customshuffleboard.com/
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --
User avatar
trilobyte
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Somewhere in the American SW

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:02 pm

GTMaus wrote:
trilobyte wrote:
GTMaus wrote:
trilobyte wrote:post some pics of the shuffleboard table when its finished!
Yep sure will. Should be done end of January. The wood for the playing surface is acclimating right now. Very excited to get it done, so I can frame up the DD box set and hang it above it.
are you building by plans? The only plans i've ever seen is on ebay by one guy...
No. I actually went to a few stores and thoroughly checked them out. The guy selling plans on eBay is from St. Louis also. I've seen some of his work, very sweet. Here is his site, should be the same guy http://www.customshuffleboard.com/
Yea, that's the one...good stuff. Would rather try and tackle it myself, though about 6mo-yr out from doing so...If you have any notes or ideas on what you gleaned through your research, a PM would be greatly appreciated!
User avatar
sethalan1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:39 pm
Location: NY Sluburbs

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:06 pm

i am no photographer...

Image
User avatar
GTMaus
Art Expert
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: St. Louis

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Here's the newest Danger up on the walls in the basement
danger - tiny media empire.jpg
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --
User avatar
maul67
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Cary, NC

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 am

Very nice. :D
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Oh man, if I had space (and money) I would be attempting to frame all of my DD pieces right now. But, for now, I will try to store them properly. Lovely photos.
Image
rowbeau
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:04 am

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 pm

i thought i had already posted this in this thread. this is whaqt santa brought me, well, paid for theraming.

Image
User avatar
neun
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: O'Side

Sat May 02, 2009 11:25 pm

My wife suggested splitting the diptych (she's our mat and framer) and I quite like it.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Sun May 03, 2009 4:29 am

I'm still trying to get a picture from my sister of the framed September I gave her back in October. But she was just in a car wreck, so, it's low on her list.

Also hoping to have the framed "We Were Waiting" done soon. I built that frame myself, from scratch.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
GTMaus
Art Expert
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: St. Louis

Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 am

neun that room looks great! Is the mat on the September blue or gray? I really like that mat color.
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
-- Kurt Cobain --
User avatar
neun
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: O'Side

Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 pm

GTMaus wrote:neun that room looks great! Is the mat on the September blue or gray? I really like that mat color.
Thanks, GTM. The mat is grayish blue and lighter than the dark navy blue mat on the "I am rabbit". Without foresight, it just became our "blue" room.
User avatar
Hahaajp
Art Expert
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Sandy Eggo

Wed May 27, 2009 8:17 am

I love this one:

Image
Image
Post Reply