Framed Horkey Thread

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 pm

abe wrote:I put this together with molding and spacers ordered online. It's my most prized piece of paper, so it's about time I got it on the wall.

I added some metallic red and silver paint to the inside edges of the barn-wood frame to subtly compliment the inks in the image.
:notworthy:

That PTT.....
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:59 pm

peacedog wrote:For a client. The OG Patchwerk III.

:shock:
/thread
bosephus
Art Expert

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:35 pm

/begin thread

Unbelievably excited to finally get this framed. :D

Frame detail:
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm

abe wrote:I put this together with molding and spacers ordered online. It's my most prized piece of paper, so it's about time I got it on the wall.

The moulding really fits the print :clap: , but it looks like it's cropped at the top and off center left to right. Is that just the angle of the photo?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
xjmjx
Art Expert

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:53 pm

KSUvet wrote: The moulding really fits the print :clap: , but it looks like it's cropped at the top and off center left to right. Is that just the angle of the photo?
Speaking for Abe, but it looks like shadow. Agreed though, KSU, really fits the print, and that MWH is amazing!
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:37 am

Damn, missed that page...

Unbelievable :notworthy:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 am

KSUvet wrote:

The moulding really fits the print :clap: , but it looks like it's cropped at the top and off center left to right. Is that just the angle of the photo?
sooo good!! :pint: :notworthy:
"Is it save to say there will be no Aaron Horkey twitter account anytime soon?"
"Saver than save."
antiyou
Art Expert

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 pm

I want to go live wherever this is going.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:59 am

antiyou wrote:
I want to go live wherever this is going.
:rock: :rock: indeed!!
"Is it save to say there will be no Aaron Horkey twitter account anytime soon?"
"Saver than save."
wapalms
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 am

That patchwork and the Troth and the MWH, terrific, anyhow, I digress, I'll bring this thread back from the stratosphere. Just went for the simple, no frills K.I.S.S theory.
Image Image X2
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:21 am

Very nice mate! :thumb:

After seeing the siren I think its deserving of making the wall, so I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Its a tough one though. Does anybody have any suggestions for it? I can't find many framed ones here.
TOTM
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:48 am

^Nice dark grainy ornate wood frame, warm grey top mat, chocolate brown bottom, plenty O border width... Done & done & slick!

^^Lookin' good Parmy, those little suckers are sweet!
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:49 pm

wottagunn wrote: After seeing the siren I think its deserving of making the wall, so I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Its a tough one though. Does anybody have any suggestions for it? I can't find many framed ones here.
I'd recommend: No mat, unadorned black frame in at least a 2" or 2+1/2" wide profile, and spacers. I wouldn't frame it in anything that might fight with the wood texture in the drawing, and I'd make sure the silver in the eyes / string stood out as the brightest color.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:33 pm

rghayati wrote:
wottagunn wrote: After seeing the siren I think its deserving of making the wall, so I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Its a tough one though. Does anybody have any suggestions for it? I can't find many framed ones here.
I'd recommend: No mat, unadorned black frame in at least a 2" or 2+1/2" wide profile, and spacers. I wouldn't frame it in anything that might fight with the wood texture in the drawing, and I'd make sure the silver in the eyes / string stood out as the brightest color.
This is what I was thinking too, but ill just go in today and play around with frames/and mats and hopefully just come across something that works.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 pm

So I just took two Horkey's in to get framed. I was taken aback at the quotes; one was $225, the other $321. The most expensive frames quotes ive ever received, and neither has museum glass.
Me and my girl just hit our one year, and she got me a $250 framing voucher, so that takes care of one thankfully.

The more expensive one though has a "nova" mat (I think that's what she said). I have never come across that before. She said that pushed up the price quite a bit.
Does anyone here know what this nova is? (sorry, im a noob)

both will turn out great though. I look forward to sharing them here.