Hanging framed art on wallpaper

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
treweman
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:35 am

As some of you may know, I am selling my large home in the suburbs of Albany and moving to a 200 year old farm in the country. In the process, I am losing half of my wall space, but that may be less of a concern than trying to hang my art on walls that are clothed in wallpaper. Really nice wallpaper that I would hate to remove. Given the number of members on this forum, I would guess that quite a few have experienced a similar dilemma. I would be appreciative if you would be willing to share your thoughts, and even better, post photos.
UncleRob
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:18 am

You may want to check out this Site. I use one of their systems to hang a few things around the living room.

https://www.stasgroup.com/en/

https://youtu.be/NeNxoebyFkQ
UncleRob
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am

Here's a few pictures. Some not the best resolution but still can get the general look. (2nd picture will show the white track at the top, rest to see the general look at eye level) This is a rail system and the cords can slide to different portions on the track. The hooks on the cords can slide to different positions as well. The systems are designed for different amounts of maximum weight loads. Same as the cords and hooks. Cords if I remember correctly, come in clear (what I use), white and I believe metal. Some tracks can have lights attached as they have power running through them.

fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Having an older home you might consider a traditional picture rail wall molding that you often find in period homes. Maybe they’re already installed.