Framing Advice for Olly Moss FF7

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
vatrolio

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Hey all,

Very much a novice to the art/print world, so was looking for a bit of framing advice from people that actually they know what they were doing and just some general opinions.

I plan to frame my Aerith and Cloud, I'm pretty much set on framing them together- anyone disagree?

Do you guys think framing the cover art from the original game with the two prints would be a good idea aesthetically? I'm pretty much 50/50 on this, leaning towards no.

And, most importantly- what are some dimensions you guys might recommend? Specifically, mat width, space between the two prints, and frame width. Should the distance between the two prints equal the mat width?

Just from doing a bit of searching, I would prefer something more on the lines of this first example than the second, but I'm open to opinions (images are not mine). Although, I am not sure about the colored portion as there are not any obvious colors for these like there are for pokemon, maybe black inner then the white as the main with a black frame? I think I prefer the thicker frame of the first example as well.

I appreciate any opinions, I might just be over thinking it anyways.

Thanks,
Vince
justboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 am

I used the original cover when framing my metal gear art.
While I'm pleased with it, it does look a tiny bit uneven as the cover is quite busy compared to the pictures and a different size requiring a squat inner mount opening.

I kept tried to keep an even width of 25mm between the prints and the frame

vatrolio

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks for the response. I actually stumbled across your picture and I must say that I do like how yours came out. I actually got impatient and dropped it off to be framed. I didn't end up doing the game manual, since I was unsure and I would've had to track one down anyways (after 20+ years the cover art of mine is no where near pristine). I'll post a picture later today when I pick it up. It might not be an ideal framing job to the veterans around here but I'm sure I will like it.
vatrolio

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Here we are, I'm pretty happy with the result: