Framed art in your home - Do you have a theme or hang what you want?

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:01 pm

I am curious if people are mostly using the same "formula" for framed items in their home, like all black frames, or if you choose framing for what works best for each piece. We like a variety of artists with different styles so we have a bunch of different styles framed and hung. Quite a few of our framed items have been done by Further so we have a wide variety of frame and matte colors. It's driving me a little nuts because I feel like there isn't enough common thread between the pieces.
I'm not someone else.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm

For me each frame is different and it chosen to fit the art more than keeping up with a bigger picture of decor.
I don’t clutter the walls, it’s a small house... I have a few rows of framed stuff in the poster room and I find myself rotating.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:07 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm
For me each frame is different and it chosen to fit the art more than keeping up with a bigger picture of decor.
I don’t clutter the walls, it’s a small house... I have a few rows of framed stuff in the poster room and I find myself rotating.

jim, youre so gosh darn humble. would love to see the pieces you choose to frame!
peacedog
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:18 am

For me it's about balancing a room aesthetically with the elements of the framed pieces just as I would balance a print within the frame. I don't worry about about grouping by artist or subject matter, I prefer to look at the "visual weight" of pieces and group them appropriately. I also take into consideration the room itself. Folks tend to stand around socializing just outside our open kitchen, my fine detail pieces hang there where you can stand closely to study and appreciate them. Nobody stands around in the dining room, the pieces in there are one's best viewed from a distance and at a glance. Art in our master bedroom has no verbiage, no gig art, strictly imagery.

I also have many Furthur Frames pieces.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:46 am

Some good advice peacedog.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:16 am

I hang all my most detailed pieces above the can in the bathrooms. that way when you're pissing you can check out all the details. :D

I adhere to peacedog's philosophy as well so generally speaking the living room is geometric, the dining room is abstract/food related and the kitchen is gig posters. Then I have an entire wall upstairs that is all art by family and friends. Bedroom is dreamy, ethereal fudge and family pictures. But I also rotate pieces every couple months or so to keep things fresh and have a storage room with racks so I have easy access. And of course, the Gig Poster of the Month in the kitchen changes every 30 days. Just slide a different 18 X 24 in the black frame. :wink:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am

peacedog wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:18 am
I also have many Furthur Frames pieces.
:lol: :heart:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks fellas.

I can't wait to get home to a Peacedog delivery today!
I'm not someone else.
heresjonny
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Started with all black Gallery frames because I didn't have to think too much about them. They look good. Very recently, I've started switching up colors and having professionals do it.