Framed Stuff Part 2

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
Locked
User avatar
mcnail
Art Expert
Posts: 3122
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Iowa

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:13 pm

mistersmith wrote:If you remember the Flatstock thread and the Init Fest/Osprey Elaterium print discussions, you'll remember that my awesome sister took time out of her busy drunken SXSW to hit FS for me and whittle down my shopping list. And then, when I told her I'd mail her a check, she said "drymount you, happy birthday." And it wasn't even close to my birthday. So there's nothing to do but buy her a print!

She likes penguins. She's had a stuffed penguin named Paz for a few years. So I got her a pimp penguin print!

Image

Yeah, the colors look drastic, but it's going on a maroon/eggplant wall, and I think it'll look great. Sheeet, I think it looks good on its own. Single blue-grey Alpharag mat and a bleached wood frame with stained border highlights.

Image

Thanks to Mitch at MarshHouse for hooking up the print, and my boy Dan for another great frame job.
Sick, sick. PS, MarshHouse's name is Chip, unless he has a new guy around.
gazastripper
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:51 pm

slater's best
gazastripper
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 pm

slater's best 2
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:20 pm

mcnail wrote:Sick, sick. PS, MarshHouse's name is Chip, unless he has a new guy around.
Dammit, I knew that, and Chip knows I knew that :) Sorry Chip, it was late and I was doped up on about nine kinds of medicine and painkillers.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:24 pm

galactus43 wrote:Goob job Mistersmith. You can really tell a lot of thought went into that. Looks fantastic.
Thanks man. We really did spend probably more time on this on than we spent on all my other stuff. I really liked how the frame brought out the orange in the penguin, but it took forever to settle on that mat. Plus I really wanted to find something a drunken party girl/responsible genius career woman would have liked. Makes me feel good that so many of you guys like it!
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Best of harmony

The inner matte is brown to match the island color

The frame is wood and is lightly etched, kind of like little waves, couldnt find pasleys, that would have been kind.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11442
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Totally cooooool !!
nocode10 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:If you remember the Flatstock thread and the Init Fest/Osprey Elaterium print discussions, you'll remember that my awesome sister took time out of her busy drunken SXSW to hit FS for me and whittle down my shopping list. And then, when I told her I'd mail her a check, she said "drymount you, happy birthday." And it wasn't even close to my birthday. So there's nothing to do but buy her a print!

She likes penguins. She's had a stuffed penguin named Paz for a few years. So I got her a pimp penguin print!

Image

Yeah, the colors look drastic, but it's going on a maroon/eggplant wall, and I think it'll look great. Sheeet, I think it looks good on its own. Single blue-grey Alpharag mat and a bleached wood frame with stained border highlights.

Image

Thanks to Mitch at MarshHouse for hooking up the print, and my boy Dan for another great frame job.

WOW, I like this one.... a lot

very nice
User avatar
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert
Posts: 5026
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:00 am
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:55 pm

gazastripper wrote:slater's best 2
While nice, this is HARDLY slater's best.
not dead
User avatar
marshhouse
Art Expert
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Almost Heaven

Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:26 pm

mcnail wrote:MarshHouse's name is Chip, unless he has a new guy around.
Naw, man...I bought you out. You didn't hear that yet?

:lol:
mistersmith wrote:
mcnail wrote:Sick, sick. PS, MarshHouse's name is Chip, unless he has a new guy around.
Dammit, I knew that, and Chip knows I knew that :) Sorry Chip, it was late and I was doped up on about nine kinds of medicine and painkillers.
:shock:

Sounds like you've had enough.
Bacon is love.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:12 am

marshhouse wrote:Sounds like you've had enough.
I'm wrecked, sick, exhausted, in pain, can't sleep...last night I took 3 sleeping pills, a vicodin, some Prometh syrup (the "purple drank"), some ibuprofen, NyQuil, and about two fingers of Scotch. And I was still up until 6 coughing and feeling like fudge. So again, apologies for getting yer name wrong dude!
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
thegig
Art Expert
Posts: 3154
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: rva
Contact:

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Image

It's muuuuuch bolder than my usual tastes, but the f'in thing's pink, so I figured I'd go a little crazy...
fleshmite
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 12:00 am

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

damn
ttocs
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Madison, Wi

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:06 am

First two are for a friend..
Image

Finally took the time to try my v-groover that i rec'd for xmas..
Image



And finished these up tonight for me...

Image

Another v-groove
Image

cute little ganja plant..
Image

Pretty sure i copied someone from here with the mat colors..so thanks.
Image
User avatar
hillsj2001
Art Expert
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:00 am

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am

that built to spill atlanta is my favorite print by emek
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:01 am

hillsj2001 wrote:that built to spill atlanta is my favorite print by emek
One of my favorites too! I have fond memories of my mom reading me lots of Shel's books... I had to have this EMEK.. I'm amazed it isn't worth more, but glad because it wasn't too hard to get one!
Locked