Framed Stuff Part 11

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
Post Reply
User avatar
TOTM
Art Expert
Posts: 3333
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 am

Auds1000 wrote:Hot rod art. Three mats with a classy black suede top mat. Rounded mat corners. Chrome frame. Art by Chris Dunlop
Image
Love your work Auds... Always classy!
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Went with black.

Image
User avatar
chisoxcollector
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Put up a few things in my media/storage room yesterday. Just off the shelf frames for now.

I like how it looks like Buffy is gonna kill the alien.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
blingaling
Art Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: OKC
Contact:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Went with white.

Image
plaink wrote:Went with black.

Image
NOW WE GONNA FIGHT
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Does yours look better? Yours might work better. Damnit.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12999
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Depends on the room and whats around it. I like the white, but it looks like you have more black frames (at least 1).
User avatar
blingaling
Art Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: OKC
Contact:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:29 pm

I don't know which is "better"... they certainly evoke different feelings from the art though.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8389
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:40 pm

White all the way on this poster.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:46 pm

mobius006 wrote:Depends on the room and whats around it. I like the white, but it looks like you have more black frames (at least 1).
Yeah, I have some white frames too though. But for this spot, it makes sense to go with the black.

Really like the white, it does change the emphasis.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12999
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 pm

plaink wrote:
mobius006 wrote:Depends on the room and whats around it. I like the white, but it looks like you have more black frames (at least 1).
Yeah, I have some white frames too though. But for this spot, it makes sense to go with the black.

Really like the white, it does change the emphasis.
I feel like 'white' she is arriving, and 'black' she is leaving.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8389
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:01 pm

that image has such a calming effect. i might have to track one down in the future.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:07 pm

mobius006 wrote:
plaink wrote:
mobius006 wrote:Depends on the room and whats around it. I like the white, but it looks like you have more black frames (at least 1).
Yeah, I have some white frames too though. But for this spot, it makes sense to go with the black.

Really like the white, it does change the emphasis.
I feel like 'white' she is arriving, and 'black' she is leaving.
Spot-on.
User avatar
blingaling
Art Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: OKC
Contact:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:11 pm

mobius006 wrote:I feel like 'white' she is arriving, and 'black' she is leaving.
That's a really interesting thought. I agree.
ImageImageImageImage
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:23 pm

blingaling wrote:Went with white.

Image
plaink wrote:Went with black.

Image
NOW WE GONNA FIGHT
I really wish I would have pulled the trigger on this. So gorgeous.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9503
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Cross-post from Faile thread.

Image

Image
Post Reply